Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
{{Boston acoustic 7 speaker setup without nav ( 6cd / tape deck)}}

Replaced dash 3.5 speakers yesterday (due to old age deteriorated) and tested them before i put the panel back and put my ear to the front door speakers and couldn't hear any highs. is the factory amp crossed over like components? I hear highs from the dash and seems like midrange only from the doors. I want to replace them with some 6.5 or 6x9 but if its XO like components then it'll be a waste to purchase coaxial for the front doors. I have some 6x9 that I'm going to be throwing in the rear deck and waiting for the harness to arrive. Before anybody says "just buy this 1000 dollar component and this 5000 dollar amp. and be done with it". I need a head unit and the nav. bezel before i can go all out. And the head unit is going to have to wait 'til the end of the year. But some low end kicker 6.5 or 6x9 for 60 bucks can work for the now. So does the factory amp treat the front door and dash speakers like components with crossovers. Or are my still stock 15 yr old front door speaks just lost all their highs?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
My stock 6-speaker system has the highs in the dash, and low-mid in the other 4 speakers. I actually LOVE my front door speakers for the bass/drum sounds. Are they buzzing at all? Do they look bad?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
havent undone the door panels. The dash speaker surround was all gone which why i replaced them. No funny noises from front doors. Just noticed that there are no highs. Leaving me to believe they are crossedover at the factory amp like they are components. the rear deck speakers are full range and will dripping some Rock Fos that i have once the factory adapter harness comes in on monday or tuesday. (Dont want to splice and check polarity. Just plug and play and boom).

but

1 - 3 of 3 Posts