Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find a definitive answer to this question: Are ALL 2011+ V8 Charger Pursuits AWD?
I would think not. But, when I'm searching for one online, if the description is detailed, I usually see that it's AWD. Are all of them AWD?

I live in eastern NC, so I don't need AWD. So, my follow-up questions are:
A) Is there any advantage to having AWD in a Charger?
B) Are there any extra mechanical issues associated with AWD Chargers?

TIA for your answers and advice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
AWD only became available for later 2014 and it was optional until 2020. Most of them I've always seen for sale are either rwd or a mix.

The biggest advantage is traction. There's no more mechanical issues with them then any other charger but there is more that can go wrong. And if you are into adding performance parts there's virtually no support for awd ones. They usually say rwd only and while some stuff might be identical and work other stuff won't.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I ended up buying a 2014 Pursuit 5.7L AWD. It was delivered Friday evening. I spent the weekend detailing it. Removed the push bumper, but thinking about putting it back on the car. Not sure which way I wanna go right now. Anyway, here it is, along with my 2014 SE.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive side-view mirror

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just finished replying to your post at forums but looks nice. I'd leave the push bumper off but keep it. It hides the nicer 11-14 front end 😀
Yeah the front end is nice but a push bumper on the front is practically needed where I live, I went out of my way to get one installed on my 2013 R/T AWD. People treat others on the road here in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas with such disrespect, they're at least a smidget more likely to not cut me off now, they'll still tailgate and fly by over 100mph+ if they get tired of tailgating me. They change lanes with no blinker too, at least in this car it will be someone else's detriment if they try cutting me off too closely and then hitting their brakes, I don't have to worry about hitting mine so hard. I keep the front and rear dash cam on deck at all times. I can always prove it was their fault no matter how much they try to lie after the fact. Around here, also, someone will murder you and your entire family if you happen to get in their lane while they're going over 100 mph. So you need to stay strapped too. Road rage is a common theme around here. There needs to be much more enforcement on the roads. And this is coming from someone who has had a record number of speeding tickets, so you know it's bad. Car is for sale if anyone is interested. 85,000 miles. It has upgraded sway bars and is meticulously cared for. (I promise I didn't acquire all my speeding tickets in this thing, that was my younger days, before I had a family) I baby this car, absolutely love it, but family is growing and I need a 3 row SUV. If only Durango 392s were affordable...

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

1 - 6 of 6 Posts