Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2,405 Posts
To me it is hard to tell. Looks like one is HID and the other Halogen but I know squat about headlights. Here is a link to your build sheet. Back out the Large Bold VIN and replace it with yours. It will tell you what your car came with;

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CCABT6NH127294

Reactions: almightydiaz

· Registered
2013 R/T Max
700 Posts
Your driver's side is a halogen reflector, the passenger side is an HID (xenon) projector.
I'm surprised they work at all, considering the connectors are different.
As mentioned, verify what your car came with and get a matched set, and make sure the wiring connections are the same both sides.

· Registered
64 Posts
If the drivers side high and low beam work that’s a halogen you would have to disconnect the d3s harness for the hid on the passenger side to match the ballast is mounted on the headlight housing for the hid would be my guess I would take the time to remove and verify before ordering

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDXCT0EH275102
To me it is hard to tell. Looks like one is HID and the other Halogen but I know squat about headlights. Here is a link to your build sheet. Back out the Large Bold VIN and replace it with yours. It will tell you what your car came with;

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CCABT6NH127294
This was pretty interesting other then that doesn't really show which bulb it uses. Thanks for the reply though!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the drivers side high and low beam work that’s a halogen you would have to disconnect the d3s harness for the hid on the passenger side to match the ballast is mounted on the headlight housing for the hid would be my guess I would take the time to remove and verify before ordering
Will definitely do that thank you so much!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your driver's side is a halogen reflector, the passenger side is an HID (xenon) projector.
I'm surprised they work at all, considering the connectors are different.
As mentioned, verify what your car came with and get a matched set, and make sure the wiring connections are the same both sides.
Yup, you were right I just checked. My car was salvage and had a slight lil hit on the passenger side which was easily repaired. But It looks like they put a different connector when repaired. Looks like I'm gonna have to have that side changed.

· Registered
2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD Plus
41 Posts
You might as well go aftermarket with new headlamps. That way you can get the look you want, and have both sides be the same. There are plenty of conversion kits out there if you don't want Halogen, they are the cheapest for a reason. Xenon(HID) bulbs will need a ballast but are brighter and reach farther. LED will last the longest and will be brightest but my experience is LED doesn't reach as far as HID

1 - 8 of 8 Posts