Arrington Performance Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by eighttram, Oct 10, 2017.

1. eighttram

eighttram New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2014
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Hi everybody, first off I would like to say thank you for all of the information I have gotten from this forum already!

For everyone that doesn't want to read the full review the short story is I have been ripped off for $700, countless pointless hours of working on my car, and three months of aggravation.

It all started when I decided to do the 6.4 liter Intake manifold swap on my 2014 Charger R/T with the 5.7. I read somewhere that Arrington Performance could program the PCM of the car to active the runner in the 6.4 liter manifold. I contacted Arrington Performance about this and was told that for $700 I could send them my PCM as well as the engine wiring harness and it would be returned to me ready to plug in and go. We agreed to this and I spent about 10 hours pulling the factory harness out of the car (probably longer than required but I do not claim to be a mechanic lol). Shipped it off and was told it would take about two weeks for them to get it shipped back to me once they received it. Two weeks turned into three, I contacted them and the manager I had been working with took a vacation without giving me an update before hand. I was told that I would have to wait several days before I could speak to the manager I had been working with. I contacted the manager as soon as he got back in and was told that it would make more sense for him to send me a wiring harness from a 6.4 liter SRT Charger. I was all good with that and the parts were sent over to me. It took about 4 weeks, when I was told 2 weeks.
    I got the car back together and it through 7 check engine codes, cruise control wouldn't work, A/C wouldn't work, ABS light, and traction control light on.
    I contacted the manager with the issues and requested that I send him a backup of the PCM tune so he could send it to his programmer to re-calibrate it.
    I sent it over to him, the timeline gets a bit fuzzy to me now but I believe it was a week or two before he back to me.
    We determined the best bet would be to put the factory 5.7 harness back on and see what that would do. Several hours of putting the original harness back, the car still through 7 check engine codes, but now the A/C would work!
    I gave the manager an update on this and he said he would have to get with his programmer on this and get back to me. That was on 9-14-17, today is 10-10-17.
    I still haven't heard anything from him. I have called and emailed him several times as well as their receptionist. Still no contact.
    At my own cost I had to put a new PCM in the car and have it flashed at a Dodge dealer for $250.
    I asked for a full refund of $700 plus shipping costs for the return of his 6.4 liter harness and that is all.
    Still haven't heard anything and that was several days ago that I asked for a refund.

I am simply putting this out there to warn everyone what they very well may be getting for their money with Arrington Performance.

2. sc.charger

sc.charger Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Custom paint
    Make sure you do Google, yelp, and Facebook reviews as well

3. jkelly16

jkelly16 Hey y'all, watch this! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Challenger
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2009
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Torred
    Arrington has been bought out, being moved to Michigan.

4. starclassics513

starclassics513 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2014
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Interesting. Who is the buyer?

5. jkelly16