Dodge Charger Forum banner

Atco Dragway here we go

601 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dmantis 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
anyone who lives near Atco New Jersey, I'm headed over there tomorrow for Test N Tune. There is no other racing going on so anyone who wants to go should get in at least 3-5 runs. I can't see not unless people keep breaking down and junking up the track.

Anyway I'm loaded with the Drag Radials on the stock 20 x 9 Factory Scat pack wheels. I kept the Spiders on the front as I picked up one of the Spiders which are 20 x 9.5 and have 275/40ZR20 DWS06 Plus tires. They weigh in at 29 lbs as well as the DWS06 Plus tires. The wheels however I think the Spiders are lighter despite that they are 1/2 inch wider. When I lift them both the Factory wheels and RSA2 tires together feels slightly heavier. I would say by my arm scale maybe 2 lbs heavier. I didn't have a scale to put them on.

So I aired up the front tires to 36 PSI from 32. And I'm gonna drive to the track on the drag Radials, they are brand new and I need to get some wear on them so they grip. I'm thinking of 26 to start (30 to drive down) and see how the hook. Maybe going lower to 22 or 24 if they don't hold the launch.

I got Line lock down but Launch Control kinda sucks. I tried it tonight and I messed it up. I did it exactly how your supposed to do it but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I can foot brake it at the line, I've raced that way all my life so no big deal but it would be nice to use the Launch control.

Anyone have any tips?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.