Dodge Charger Forum banner

Audio Build: Custom Bezel, New Subs, Amp Rack, DD Hu, Backup Camera, etc

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  bjohnsonchargedup 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok Im somewhat of a diyers and it pains me to see how much they charge for a piece of plastic so I decided to just modify my stock radio bezel to fit a dd as I found a how to in the knowledge base. It was a very simple process but it still isnt perfect and I imagine one day when I get tired of looking at the imperfections I will fix it but for now it will do just fine.
I installed a Pioneer AVH X3500BHS didnt use any modules or anything, wired everything up from scratch, by doing this I did receive about 3 CEL codes but no biggie everything is fine thus far.

Rough Cut

Fitting Dash kit

Used JB Weld to glue it in and fill the half circles

Test Fitted

Spot putty to smooth things out

Finished and plasti-dipped

Installed

Amp Rack

Testing Mounting Ideas

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/...7/TnTahoe/Charger Amp Rack/IMAG0385.jpg[/IMG]

See less See more
#8 ·
Looks AWESOME! Very nice work there. Modifying that dash bezel was pretty slick, I really like the black paint. very nice job!

Jeff

#9 ·
Here is a pic of the backup camera that I installed, got it off ebay for $20, works pretty good, got it wired to come on when in reverse or can just come on whenever I want, I wired it thru the rear passenger side rubber boot behind the bumper. If you take the 3 clips out up top you can pull on the bumper to allow a little space to run your wires, there is not a rubber boot on the rear driver side.

#14 ·
Good work I think I'm gonna do that myself rather than buy a new bezel...I actually like the fitment on that better than the nav bezel. Do u have a link to the original thread for that mod? or maybe a product list/write up. I'm curious to see what u used to back those half circle on the sides of the original bezel. I also want to see if i can find a plastic/hobby spray paint that matches our silver interior parts.

#15 ·
Love what your doing.... Looking to do something very similar on the bezel.... seems to be a very common thing people want to change. I know the top controls by the vents are a HUGE problem and they really get in the way. Thinking about moving them to the bottom and doing away with the "cubby hole"... Anyone have any thoughts? Problems I might run into?

#16 ·
Looking good....love the work done on the dash bezel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.