Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, the most I have ever done was install a head unit and speakers ina CRX that had nothing... So my audio expertise is next to none.

So here are my questions...

I have a 2011 SE, I'm pretty sure it has the base system in it, I have the 4.3 touchscreen.

Id like to upgrade my speakers and add a sub, while keeping the 4.3 touchscreen.

So what exactly do I need to buy?
What type of Amp,
how many and what size speakers?
anything additonal? someone told me I'd need a monoblock (no idea what that is)

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Alright, the most I have ever done was install a head unit and speakers ina CRX that had nothing... So my audio expertise is next to none.

So here are my questions...

I have a 2011 SE, I'm pretty sure it has the base system in it, I have the 4.3 touchscreen.

Id like to upgrade my speakers and add a sub, while keeping the 4.3 touchscreen.

So what exactly do I need to buy?
What type of Amp,
how many and what size speakers?
anything additonal? someone told me I'd need a monoblock (no idea what that is)

Thanks guys!!
Not exactly sure if there is harness that is easy plug and play for us. I do know that we have 6 x 9's all the way around. That is one in each of the two front doors and two in the rear deck. I added a sub in the trunk and I just bought a line out converter and added an amp. I am also looking to upgrade the 4 speakers and maybe even add some in the front dash knowing that it is just empty and waiting for speakers. You would just need any ole 4 channel amp for your 6 x 9's and another amp for your sub and that's it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The door speakers are 6x9 and the dash has 3.5". If you want to keep the factory amp you can do that and just upgrade the speakers themselves. I would do the 3.5" first. The 6x9's mostly play bass and midbass and do a decent job at it.

For the sub you can tap off the the rear speakers or the front 6x9's. You can use a line out converter or use an amp that accepts speaker level inputs saving a few dollars. You don't have to get a mono block amp, but you can if you want. Any two channel amp can be bridged to run the sub just fine. Some amps can even sense the speaker signal and turn itself on, so you don't have to wire up a remote power on wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts