Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help. last summer i installed a new audio system. it ran fine until it was parked for the winter. only used the car a couple times this winter. battery seemed low. now it's dead. is my stereo system the problem, or is the battery just getting old? it's the original battery. my car is a 2010 sxt. the stereo system i had installed includes a new JVC head unit, a 1200w amp in the trunk and a 900w subwoofer. would appreciate any help. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
The radio might take a trickle charge to keep the memory. So if you dont use the car for a few months, it could drain the battery somewhat. But thats if its a good battery, sometimes the batteries just go bad in 3 or 4 years. So if youre going to put it away again, disconnect the constant power for the radio.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I had the same issue this winter. Take to Advanced Auto or autozone so they can check to see if it is truly dead. For next year get a battery tender to hook up to for when the car is not in use. Also i would suggest adding an additional battery. That will help with your Audio set up as well. You can run them together which will reduce your power draw on your main battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts