Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having issues with my 2015 Rallye edition auto start. When I go to auto start it it reads “auto start disabled, start car to reset”. I have noticed if I drive the car, the auto start will work after it’s been off for a short time, but if it hasn’t ran for an extended period of time like a couple hours or overnight, then it won’t start and the message comes back on. I’ve replaced the battery in the fob and used the nose of the fob to start it, with no avail. She has no problems starting like a low battery issue, so I’m assuming the battery is in good condition. Has anyone had any problems like this?

·
Registered
997 Posts
You n]may have an engine code needing to be reset. Normally if you have a code it will show the service engine light but some codes don't. Get scanned for DTC's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea never had the service engine light on, is there a way I can scan and clear codes, or do I need to take it to a mechanic?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’m having issues with my 2015 Rallye edition auto start. When I go to auto start it it reads “auto start disabled, start car to reset”. I have noticed if I drive the car, the auto start will work after it’s been off for a short time, but if it hasn’t ran for an extended period of time like a couple hours or overnight, then it won’t start and the message comes back on. I’ve replaced the battery in the fob and used the nose of the fob to start it, with no avail. She has no problems starting like a low battery issue, so I’m assuming the battery is in good condition. Has anyone had any problems like this?
Hi mhbbmanderson, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Charger. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a reader today, should have it in a week. Will let you know once it gets here. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
68 Posts
You mean remote start ? If yes :

I believe one of the control modules stores the list of the last 5 failure of the Remote Start, with the reason why.
The dealer should be able to pull that list using the diagnostic tool, or you can use a tool like AlfaObd to do it yourself (warning: this is an advanced tool, only use if you are skilled and comfortable with this type of equipment).

There are many things that can prevent the car from starting with the remote start :
  • Low fuel level
  • Low battery
  • Timeout
  • If you did it too many times
  • Hood switch
  • Temporary remote start disable command on CAN bus (that's probably not what you are experiencing)
  • and possibly other
I have a 2015 too. The cluster should tell you why the remote start didn't work. Can you post a picture of the exact message ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts