Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking at swapping my springs, I was just going to use RT OEM springs because I dont wanna slam my car, I just wanna lose the 4x4 look of the awd. Now from what I've found the rt springs will swap and work fine, however I have the rt plus with the road and track package and I'm having trouble finding info to verify if this is still feasible. The mopar stage 1 will drop it too low and I want to keep it at stock RT height. Anyone able to chime in from experience?
Also, noob question here but I dont know much about the sxt cars, are the v6 springs different from the rt springs? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
From my understanding, the Mopar stage 1's usually drops about 1.2" - like 1.6", people keep saying that it doesn't seem to drop really at all but I'm not too sure as I haven't run those, the H&R's that I just put on in the fronts usually drops about 1.6-1.8" in the front, and about 1.4-1.6" in rear...sounds to me like you might be better cutting down your stock springs to get the right height...which many will say is not advisable.

Check my thread for what the front H&R's look like on my car thus far...hasn't settled quite yet, but it has mostly...doing the rears this weekend

https://www.chargerforumz.com/threads/my-14-r-t-awd-build-thread.186542/page-4#post-1885950

Reactions: Ryan Hopkins

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my understanding, the Mopar stage 1's usually drops about 1.2" - like 1.6", people keep saying that it doesn't seem to drop really at all but I'm not too sure as I haven't run those, the H&R's that I just put on in the fronts usually drops about 1.6-1.8" in the front, and about 1.4-1.6" in rear...sounds to me like you might be better cutting down your stock springs to get the right height...which many will say is not advisable.

Check my thread for what the front H&R's look like on my car thus far...hasn't settled quite yet, but it has mostly...doing the rears this weekend

https://www.chargerforumz.com/threads/my-14-r-t-awd-build-thread.186542/page-4#post-1885950
Definitely will be checking them out! I'm pretty sure I'll be cutting my stock springs down, will take pics of the process and a final evaluation once its complete and tested for a few weeks. Worse case scenario is having to replace the springs, but from all the info I've gathered, if done properly it should work just fine and handle good. Have seen a few after doing this on rwd cars with good results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts