Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the radio unit replaced because the dealership tried to run a software update and it got stuck in an update loop. When I got the car back, now there's black bars on either side of the backup camera image like an SD show on an HD TV. The service folks at the dealership told me that's normal, but I could have sworn it filled the whole screen.

Could someone give me a sanity check on which is normal? Black bars or none?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently had the radio unit replaced because the dealership tried to run a software update and it got stuck in an update loop. When I got the car back, now there's black bars on either side of the backup camera image like an SD show on an HD TV. The service folks at the dealership told me that's normal, but I could have sworn it filled the whole screen.

Could someone give me a sanity check on which is normal? Black bars or none?

Thanks!
I will certainly take a picture and upload it. But I believe your correct.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well, mine doesn't, it has the full screen. I do know the electronics 20200728_090147.jpg were upgraded in the 2019s though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
checked the U connect update website using my VIN and its said I had the lastest update. I purchased my 2019 Charger in October 2019.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,117 Posts
Mine is full screen but it is the 8.4 nav unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
checked the U connect update website using my VIN and its said I had the lastest update. I purchased my 2019 Charger in October 2019.
Mine said the same thing, but that only pertains to the UConnect software, not the engine/transmission computers. As far as I can tell, only the dealer can tell you about that.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I added a Mopar backup cam to my '13 R/T plus [prewired] , enabled with a Tazer....have full screen.....meebee the stealer can reflash the radio...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts