Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the negative battery terminal for about an hour while installing a CAI on my Charger. Once I reconnected it, I noticed the backup camera is not coming up on the Uconnect display when setting the tranny to reverse. Also, settings for the remote start and other functions are no longer showing.

Anybody else experience this and if so, what was the fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I have not had this happen but there a couple of fuses you can remove and reinsert to see if the radio and center stack (Telematics Gateway Module) reset back to normal. These fuses are in the rear fuse box (trunk).

Fuse Box Diagram Dodge Charger (2011-2019)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. After I made the post the car was sitting for about an hour and then I had to go to the store. When I put it in reverse to back out of the garage, the backup camera was working again and all the other settings showed up again as well. Weird but it seemed to fix itself.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Weird but it seemed to fix itself.
Undocumented feature in some modern cars. (y)

It's the self-repair feature that's only found in cars loaded with computer-software-electronics wizardry.

·
Read Only
4 Posts
When you disconnect the battery the system does the same thing it does when an over the air update is pushed to the system and the CAN BUS communication system files are overwritten. It erases everything in the system that is programmed regarding what options and make your vehicle are.

It defaults to the base configuration, which is a car with AM/FM radio and no nav, no Sirius, no back up camera and usually a different brand vehicle. It also means features like lane keep, blind spot monitoring, etc. are disabled.

I had this happen to me because of bad timing of a software update in 2017 on my Challenger GT. My system booted to a blue Chrysler system and I had no control over my climate control, no Sirius, no Nav and no back up camera.

I freaked out and pulled fuses, battery etc. Two hours later when I went out the system rebooted.

There is a subroutine after a fuse pull, battery disconnect or software update that reads the CAN BUS files and then reconfigures the system to reflect the options installed on your car. You just have to be patient. Pulling fuses, battery cables, etc will only slow it down, so don't do that.

My Grand Cherokee did the same thing a year later and I let it run its course.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently changed my battery on my 17 charger daytona. Backup camera didn't work and entire menu went blue to a Chrysler menu. I freaked until I read your advice. Let sit overnight and it self corrected. Crazy, and so wierd that dodge wouldn't give some indication that might happen. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I removed the negative battery terminal for about an hour while installing a CAI on my Charger. Once I reconnected it, I noticed the backup camera is not coming up on the Uconnect display when setting the tranny to reverse. Also, settings for the remote start and other functions are no longer showing.

Anybody else experience this and if so, what was the fix? Thanks.
Did you get it fixed I’m having the same problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem on a 2020 Challenger. Battery was disconnected and reverse camera would no longer be displayed. Radio system needs to be reset with capable scan tool. Dealer visit might be necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts