Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone challenged a Dodge Charger equipped Police Dept, HP and or sheriff office to a drag strip shoot out anywhere in the country? Like on a Friday night? I was thinking about asking the local LEOs to do a drag strip shoot out with several of our local Chargers and Mustangs… I was hoping to raise donations to help battered women, and fallen officers, and hoping to advertise via radio, and in partnership with the drag strip owner to get a big crowd to show up and watch the local bad boy Dodge Charger drivers face off with the Police Pursuit Dodge Chargers in a safe controlled manner. I think it would be #1, FUN, and #2, raise money for a great cause… and I think lots of people and families would come out to watch and support the cause. Has anyone done something like this before, and what challenges did you face… I’m sure there will be 1000 hurdles to surmount, but I think the trouble would be worth the effort x 100

·
Registered
315 Posts
Only problem is the poor Police Chargers would get whooped on with all the gear in them (lights etc...). Unless they happen to have on of their own ;) Sounds fun though and it's for a good cause.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Has anyone challenged a Dodge Charger equipped Police Dept, HP and or sheriff office to a drag strip shoot out anywhere in the country? Like on a Friday night? I was thinking about asking the local LEOs to do a drag strip shoot out with several of our local Chargers and Mustangs… I was hoping to raise donations to help battered women, and fallen officers, and hoping to advertise via radio, and in partnership with the drag strip pwner to get a big crowd to show up and watch the local bad boy Dodge Charger drivers face off with the Police Pursuit Dodge Chargers in a safe controlled manner. I think it would be #1, FUN, and #2, raise money for a great cause… and I think lots of people and families would come out to watch and support the cause. Has anyone done something like this before, and what challenges did you face… I’m sure there will be 1000 hurdles to surmount, but I think the trouble would be worth the effort x 100
Contact the Public Affairs Section of Law Enforcement Agency that uses Chargers and tell them what would like to do. Let know the money could be use for various organizations that need the money. Shelters for battered women and children organizations would benefit from the money.

·
Staffing since 2008
20,667 Posts
Has anyone challenged a Dodge Charger equipped Police Dept, HP and or sheriff office to a drag strip shoot out anywhere in the country? Like on a Friday night? I was thinking about asking the local LEOs to do a drag strip shoot out with several of our local Chargers and Mustangs… I was hoping to raise donations to help battered women, and fallen officers, and hoping to advertise via radio, and in partnership with the drag strip pwner to get a big crowd to show up and watch the local bad boy Dodge Charger drivers face off with the Police Pursuit Dodge Chargers in a safe controlled manner. I think it would be #1, FUN, and #2, raise money for a great cause… and I think lots of people and families would come out to watch and support the cause. Has anyone done something like this before, and what challenges did you face… I’m sure there will be 1000 hurdles to surmount, but I think the trouble would be worth the effort x 100
Thats a pretty neat idea. I know they do something like this in Cali at Infineon race Way, but its actually to keep kids from racinf on the streets.

Welome to the forumz by the way, make sure you keep up on the Southwest forumz so you know when the next event in our area is coming up.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Only problem is the poor Police Chargers would get whooped on with all the gear in them (lights etc...). Unless they happen to have on of their own ;) Sounds fun though and it's for a good cause.
True, but in Florida, our highway patrol have their own drag cars. They compete in events @ moroso motor sports park down here and have some cool cars. Obviously you wouldn't find "Some" of them on the road but its still cool. I know they confiscated a Vette and now use it as a patrol car. Really neat stuff

·
Registered
315 Posts
True, but in Florida, our highway patrol have their own drag cars. They compete in events @ moroso motor sports park down here and have some cool cars. Obviously you wouldn't find "Some" of them on the road but its still cool. I know they confiscated a Vette and now use it as a patrol car. Really neat stuff
I know they do it in California (Riverside and San Bernardino PD come to mind...). But how many do you think have decked their Chargers out yet for drag racing, especially if you have Vettes and the like at your disposal ;)

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
As cool as the idea is, it wouldn't fly here in the New England. The local bureaucrats would be up in arms for misuse of government property. Some people have their heads so far up their butts that it actually looks like their head is where it is suppose to be.
Cool idea and great cause, hope it works out for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts