Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking through the site for a while and I can't seem to find hat I'm looking for. I have an 07 5.7 alternator went out. So I replaced it. Then the battery went bad so I went and replaced it. Now I have a drain in the system I can't seem to find. If I hook up a meter to the battery I can watch it draw down. 12.30 12.29 as so on the drop is about 5/10 minutes in between. No lights on. Tried the key dance. Any help would be greatly appreciated :4-dontknow::mad:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Do a forum search on "IOD". IOD is Ignition Off Draw ... it's continued current draw from the battery after the ignition is turned Off. A certain amount of IOD is normal but excessive IOD will drain the battery. As baabootoo said, the IOD Test is pulling/replacing the fuses (one at a time) until you find the circuit that's drawing too much current. If the amperage reading remains high after removing and replacing each fuse, disconnect the wiring harness from the alternator. If the amperage reading now becomes very low or nonexistent, the problem is in the Charging System.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts