Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger pursuit
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I bought my 2015 Dodge Charger pursuit yesterday from a dealer as is.

On the way home the battery light came on and the voltage was low. If I recall it was fluctuating between 11 volts in 12 volts.

I brought the car to my local mechanic this morning. He said the alternator was bad. He replaced the alternator the total was 565.00 for the hell of it I called Tire Kingdom and they gave me a price of almost $1,000 to do the job they told me the part was 600 bucks.

After the alternate was replaced they called me and said that while I was charging the battery there was still a problem. Apparently the PCM is bad.

The guy who I bought the car from is not abandoning me. He said he can't believe the PCM is bad because of all the Dodge chargers he sold he's never had this problem. But he also stated that if the PCM is bad then most likely my alternator didn't have to be replaced.

The mechanic said that the alternator was burnt out because the voltage regulator went bad in the PCM module.

So sitting in my driveway the pictures attached where it was charging fine, and the other picture is attached is how it was while I was driving to work.

Also is attached is the mechanics explanation. Has anybody had something like this happen
Speedometer Car Tachometer Motor vehicle Gauge

Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design

Font Writing Paper Circle Number

·
Registered
825 Posts
Reactions: NJMOPAR

·
Registered
137 Posts
They seem to do strange things when the battery is old or not 100% which sucks.
If you don't want to change it go to a dealer and get them to figure it out. At least you'll have a second thing to go back to the guy you got it from with.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger pursuit
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They seem to do strange things when the battery is old or not 100% which sucks.
If you don't want to change it go to a dealer and get them to figure it out. At least you'll have a second thing to go back to the guy you got it from with.
Yes the guy that I bought the car from is going to have a transport pick it up so I'll let him spend the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts