Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to my girlfriend's house a few days ago, and part of the trip there is a 3 lane road that goes for miles and miles with stoplights every so often..I noticed in my rearview mirror a guy driving like a total idiot weaving from the far right all the way to the far left lane and then back again, etc..So he passes everyone, including me, up until we get to the next stoplight; and as fate would have it, he was in the far left lane, and I pulled up in the middle..I knew because the way he was driving up until this point, that he would definitely punch it when the light turned green..So, I turned off my a/c and put it manumode...Light turns green, and sure enough, he and I both hit it from the start...We were side by side I would say for maybe the first 3 to 4 seconds, and then Miss Hemi started pulling away...I got him by at least a couple of car lengths for sure, and no doubt he was giving it all he had because you could hear that whine in the supercharger of his...Anyway, I was totally stoked about beating him because they are supposed to be fairly fast cars..The end

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Killing Fords all day long!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
THey're turbo, twin turbo. But good kill! They run about even with a charger, what are your mods?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh i thought they read that they were a supercharged V6...they are said to make 365hp and I am not sure about the torque..my mods are just diablosport tuner and airaid cold air kit..

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I thought an RT could take one in a real race. Car mags made them out to be faster than they actually are. How many SHO owners are going to break-torque and launch at 3-4k rpm's like the car mags?

Nice kill. :TU:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Congratulations on the kill - I never liked those SHO's.....even back many years when they first came out.....just something about them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nice kill, way to put the hemi up the blue ovals arse

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Yeah they are turbocharged v6's, but nice kill!

·
9,646 Posts
there was a vid on here I think where one ran 12s at the track. They are supposed to be fast but I've never seen it first hand.

Great kill either way. If it wears an oval, put it out of its misery

·
Registered
772 Posts
I've noticed from reading all of these car mags that they got over here in Iraq for sale that most of those guys that write those articles are bias to one ride or another. Normally they pit the one that they like (i.e. Camaro SS against a base mod Chally) and of course they are going to say the brand they like is the best.

Just my two sense and vent on that issue.

Now about the SHO... seriously. Was there any doubt in anyones mind here that a Charger can take that POS out?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Oh yea I am liking this kill... some guy at one of my customers has been talking smack about how his new SHO beats everything out there...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well, a few things to point out:

A. They cost nearly 40K. They are ~ as fast as a base 345 Hemi, but cost as much or more then a 371.
B. They do offer a performace package that has a different rear gear, so not all SHO's are born equal. The faster ones you see are ALL the ones with the steeper gears.
C. They're turbo, which means that they're probably only a tune away from big power gains. It's not fair - but turbo will usually gain more from a tune then N/A because there is more room for adjustment.
D. They weigh like 4400 lbs. JEEZUS H CHRIMNY I thought these cars were heavy.

I like them, I just laugh at the guys who spent 40K+ on a 14 second car. IMHO that's a little bit sad.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Now about the SHO... seriously. Was there any doubt in anyones mind here that a Charger can take that POS out?
Stats are stats...Weather you like it or not, the car IS fast. (I'm not a fan of the new one, but liked the older sleeper models.)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Brandar, to be fair that's the slowest G8 test Ive seen and the fastest SHO one.

IMHO, somthing is hinky when the AWD TT-V6 with less power and more weight can't leave the V8 RWD with more power and less weight behind at the line - but then pulls at the top end?

Somthing stinkith in Denmark man!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I might be kinda biased but that is definitely a slow G8 damn it!! LOL I dont doubt the OP. On the street there are so many variables but a kill is a kill. Almost as good as a Rustang kill!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All I know, is the guy was giving it his all..he was driving like an idiot to begin with, and when we punched it off the line, i thought i heard a whining from a supercharger, so i dont know what i heard since its a turbo, but nonetheless, I truly had him by a couple of car lengths when we shut it down...I was very pleased with this one:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts