Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong are.
I have been reading tons of posts about Charger Uconnect issues and sound system install projects. I recently just took stripped my rear parcel shelf to see what I had far as 6x9s. What the 8//?! is an 8" doing there if I have a Beats sub in the back LOL? I am now getting more confused. This all started because I was tired of not being able to use my apple music subscription to the fullest. My iPhone would continually pause in the middle of songs. There is no great way of displaying the phone unless you purchase aftermarket equipment. So I think the future should be that ; you hop in your ride and place your phone in the tray as the vehicle will automatically integrate your information and charge it. Your sound system will have the HUD as a projection of your phone and there will not be a screen at all just a great sound system. LOL

My project is to keep the 8.4 screen and add a media receiver with a touchscreen where the 12v charger bin is(in front of the shifter below the console)
I see that Pioneer has modular receivers so only the screen is needed to be mounted. A new version comes out this year 2021 with a screen that is a little bigger than the iPhone11.
I am going to install speakers for the media receiver and leave a set for the Uconnect so I can maintain stock look and available ac/heat auto functionality.
Im not one to want to hack into my harness. Everything I'm reading has a down side and other companies I wright to do not respond. Frustration is mounting LOL

It would be super cool to rip out the harness all together redo it all right with aftermarket expandability.
Who has time and money for that?

I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy
semper Fi

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, at least im not going crazy. I do see mix of blue poly_cone material and paper_cone on half speakers? Kinda nuts I think. I found out I have the 552w amp and the rear sub is 2ohm DVC. Not sure how much the channels get but I believe its a 12 channel amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts