Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Beats in my current car and not to impressed. Lease is up and wondering how the 6 speaker system compares?

·
Registered
330 Posts
The 6 speaker is fine, its powered by Alpine and no problems so far, i almost never listen to music over 10 anyway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I haven't sat and listened to music with the Beats audio so no help in a comparo. But I gotta say the Alpine is great to my ears. Let me first off say I love bass and highs so I set the bass 3 clicks from the top and mids n high two from the top with volume on avg set anywhere between 15-28 depends on how I feel. Two months ago the right front door sub blew. They replaced it under warranty and updated the EQ software. They say I wasn't the only one with this issue. After the update the bass hits much clearer than before on certain songs.

Something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have installed car audio in the past and I still love the art. I have the beats in my Charger and its an upgrade to any BOSE system in a car. but, if time is a factor, stay with the beats...it is very good for being a factory option. However you good probably do far better spending $1500 (i think the option is) on your own stereo.. but you will compromise your trunk space because your are going to add a sub-box.. Honestly a properly designed system will run you upwards of $2000 IMO.... Others please chime in...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just traded my '14 SXT AWD Charger in on a '16 Scat Pack Charger and both had/have Beats and for some reason the Beats in the Scat Pack sounds improved. Don't have to turn it up as loud and the response is much better.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just traded my '14 SXT AWD Charger in on a '16 Scat Pack Charger and both had/have Beats and for some reason the Beats in the Scat Pack sounds improved. Don't have to turn it up as loud and the response is much better.
Software update probably.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
We've now had two different Chrysler 300S's. The first was a 2012 with the Beats sound system. It sounded TERRIBLE. I normally prefer a good factory sound system to aftermarket stuff. We loved the nav stereo . But this Beats speaker system was just no good when it comes to sound.

On our current, 2015 300S, the sound is MUCH better. And there's a lot more bass even though both cars appeared to have the same Beats subwoofer in the trunk. I know the 2015 has a newer stereo head and maybe that's the difference. Who knows?

On the cost of a good aftermarket system that is an upgrade to the Beats, I don't think you have to spend that much money. Using the existing stereo head, I believe you could add a modest 100 watt per channel amp and quality speakers quit easily for not too much money. You really don't have to go with a lot of wattage to improve on the factory system.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I had beats in my 2013 and loved it. Heard conflicting things about the 2015 Beats so didn't get it. The alpine in the 2016 sounds good, but not as good as my 2013 Beats. I also only have music on at lower volumes. If I'm alone, I keep radio off and listen to the music of the exhaust :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was unimpressed with my Beats until sometime late summer, they released a software update for it, same time they did the "hacking" fix. It improved the sound quality substantially.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had Beats in my '13 300S and it sounds similar to the base Alpine stereo I have in my 2015 RT. Not bad, but not great either.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I have installed car audio in the past and I still love the art. I have the beats in my Charger and its an upgrade to any BOSE system in a car. but, if time is a factor, stay with the beats...it is very good for being a factory option. However you good probably do far better spending $1500 (i think the option is) on your own stereo.. but you will compromise your trunk space because your are going to add a sub-box.. Honestly a properly designed system will run you upwards of $2000 IMO.... Others please chime in...
I have Beats , and like others have said, in my 2015 it sounds way better than it did in my 2012 and 2014....but it doesn't come close to the Bose I had in my 2012 Maxima.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the Beats system in my 15' SP and the bass in it is just so weak. I swapped all the speakers but the sub and kept the stock amp. This improved the highs and mids but the bass still blows. My wife's 14' Durango Citadel has the Alpine system and it has great bass. Even at 0 it still hits pretty hard. My Beats bass is terrible even at +9.

Is this typical?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I previously had a 2013 Charger Daytona with Beats. The system was good but I expected better. Just picked up my Scat Pack and the Alpine system to me is just as good with enough bass. I would save your money and stick with the Alpine.
Steve

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Beats system in my 15' SP and the bass in it is just so weak. I swapped all the speakers but the sub and kept the stock amp. This improved the highs and mids but the bass still blows. My wife's 14' Durango Citadel has the Alpine system and it has great bass. Even at 0 it still hits pretty hard. My Beats bass is terrible even at +9.

Is this typical?
I have the opposite problem in '15 R/T, bass is overpowering I have it set to like -5. Not too impressed with the stock highs and mids, I was considering doing a speaker swap like you did. But I guess a by product of the better speakers is it overpowers the bass?

·
Registered
30 Posts

Is this typical?
I've noticed that some songs have a ton of bass with my beats system, while others barely have any. That leads me to believe that the problem might be a software issue. There are aftermarket processors to eq the sound but they are about 1000 dollars.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I have the Beats system in my 15 RT and its sucks imo. I plan on replacing every speaker in the car including the sub and running an aftermarket 5 channel amp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I plan on replacing the speakers, keeping the stock amp, and then adding my JL sub with sub amp for lows. Someone recommended Hertz line. Any other recommendations? Do we know impedance? Can I add 2 ohm speakers, and will that affect volume?

·
Registered
963 Posts

Is this typical?
Your Durango probably has the same 10 speaker Alpine with subwoofer as our Jeep GC? It’s not the same as the 6 speaker Alpine. I think sometimes any issues with the sound is more because of the source, not necessarily because of the stereo system or speakers. I love the Beats in my 2013 Daytona.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think sometimes any issues with the sound is more because of the source, not necessarily because of the stereo system or speakers. I love the Beats in my 2013 Daytona.
[/QUOTE]

I love the Beats audio in my 2013 RT Plus as well. It has great sound quality through all ranges. I've never understood the hate Beats gets, but I suppose everyone's ears are different.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had/have the Beats in my ‘15 and didn’t care for the sound. I kept the stock head unit and amp but replaced all the factory speakers with Polk Audio and replaced the sub in the trunk with an Infinity Basslink. It sounds sooooooo much cleaner and more crisp. The Infinity sub hits much, much harder and sounds cleaner. I’m finally happy with the stereo in my car.
it took a while cause I did it all myself but the difference is really night and day. People get in my car and are blown away with the sound. My buddy has a ‘16 scat pack and he is now in the process of doing his the same as mine after hearing it. The volume has to be turned up more than it was with the Beats but that’s the only “problem” I’ve ran into. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts