Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my girlfriend just bought a 2013 Charger and she ran over a big goose in the middle of the road....needless to say she broke the bellypan shield under her car .......lots of blood and feathers....i want to replace it for her instead of paying $200 for the part and $100 labor.....it looks like i could get one on ebay for bout $80. im wondering how hard it is to replace it and if there is any other place i can order a cheaper part. im pretty positive i can change it out but need a little help. thank you.

BIG DADDY

·
12,921 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas.

I'm not sure about the belly pan. Hopefully, someone who has changed one will chime in.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
There are two "bellypans."

The service panel.
http://www.amazon.com/CHARGER-CHALLENGER-MAGNUM-CHRYSLER-SPLASH/dp/B009SAQ28C

...and the lower air shield. (This is for an 06-10, you have a 13, so this won't work, but the part will be similar.)
http://www.amazon.com/CHARGER-CHRYSLER-BUMPER-SHIELD-DEFLECTOR/dp/B009DJ8UE2/ref=pd_sbs_auto_3

For the service panel it takes more time to jack the car up than it does to replace the pan. The front panel/shield is more tricky in lining things up, but both are straightforward. Be sure to save your push pins... or buy more if they got sheered off by the goose.

Oh, and welcome to the Z. :)

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
Welcome to the Z! Removal/install instructions for this are probably in a thread here (with pics) for either:
oil change
front fascia removal
front grille replacement
fog light replacement

or a number of other things. I'm pretty sure that the belly pan gets removed for quite a bit of that stuff. Regardless, it's pretty straightforward. A couple of fasteners should be all that it takes, really. I don't think that they used push pins on something that you need to take off regularly for oil changes. Probably just a few 10mm screws, but you'd have to verify that.
Lots of shields under these cars... I hit some standing water a couple weeks ago and tore a stud out that holds a shield under the rear passenger's seat... Also bent a heat shield around the exhaust. Take a look underneath and be sure that you know which one you need. Shouldn't take much to change it. If you plan on doing it yourself, use jack stands... never can be too safe. Also, if you don't do your own oil changes, I'm sure that you could ask the mechanic to take a look at it. Usually they hate having to take these off and put them back on, but this is only half of that work, really, haha. Also, a car wash with an undercarriage spray would be nice... :D

·
Registered
3,609 Posts

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NV! Like others said the shield is easy to take on and off as it is necessary to do so for various maintenance tasks.

Welcome from Canada! Already getting assistance from the great members here :)

Thanks for the info. I needed some clips this summer during a headlight install but the local fastener place couldn't find the right ones. Think I'll order some for next summer.
Lowe's carries most of them in their specialty hardware section for dirt cheap as well.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Welcome to the Z from the ATL!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts