Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my full Borla ATAK exhaust system installed and now I'm thinking CAI. But which one pairs best? K&N? Injen? I have seen a closed contained one that I thought would help it's own performance but it was made by Corsa. I'm currently using a K&N "High Performance" air filter. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As long as it has an air tube, and a half way decent heat shield, it mainly comes down to looks and cost.

Replacing the stock air tube, having some sort of performance filter, and removing the silencer under the air box will result in a slightly louder exhaust at high RPM’s.

Performance won’t be much different though, since the stock air boxes do a great job pulling cool air, and the stock “accordion” air tube without a tune, really isnt that restrictive. With a tune, sure, you could go for a better tube... but without one, you’re mainly paying for a louder exhaust and cooler looking engine bay.lol.

The closed air systems with a big filter will be the “best” in theory... but even with a tune, you probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference over most other CAI’s. Do you have the link to the corsa intake? I haven’t seen corsa’s 3.6 intake. Only knew of their 5.7.

Also, how are you liking the Borla ATAK?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts