Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i bought a billet tech shifter on ebay and it looks like the pic below, but idk how to install it? it only came with a nut idk what im doing! please help!

Attachments

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
What year is your car? Did you already remove your OEM shifter?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2008, and yes i have

·
37,448 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i dont :( how hard is that to do? i thought these were simple to install

·
Registered
655 Posts
when i installed mine, i also add a little silicone in the hole of the shifther before put it on the rod. just to be sure it won't get loose with time and vibration.

·
37,448 Posts
no i dont :( how hard is that to do? i thought these were simple to install

Every shifter I have bought has a set screw on the lower (front) part of the shifter. Do you see any holes (tiny) toward the bottom of the shaft?

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
I have the same one and it has 2 set screws othat are very small.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what do you mean? can you walk me through it?

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
On the stem it should have to very small screws so all you have to do is tighten them once you get the knobs in position. You should have received a small allen wrench with the gear knob. If not, I'd try calling BT.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I have the same, just a little Alen screw on the side . You have to untied it totally first, install the shifter and screw ....... the screw well. Done!!!! The hardest part was to unscrew the OEM one more then to install the new!!!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there are threads inside the shift knob, and plus it wont even go down all the way on my just stock metal piece stickin out! ya know when you take off the stock shift knob the metal "Pole" that is there, mine is rectangular at the top.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay im PISSED!
ITS NOT EVEN A BILLET TECH SHIFTER!
the company is called UPRproducts .com or billetdepot .com! and it says 2005-2007 V8 dodge chargers what the crap!!!!!! i have an 08 it wont fit, uggggggh i guess now im gonna have to sell this thing! i guess the earier models have a threaded shifter?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
there are threads inside the shift knob, and plus it wont even go down all the way on my just stock metal piece stickin out! ya know when you take off the stock shift knob the metal "Pole" that is there, mine is rectangular at the top.
Ok that is very weird because I just verified mine and YES there is 2 little holes on the bottom side with the screws in!!!:4-dontknow:
In addition you say the pole is rectangular!!!!! I didn't unscrew mine but I am pretty sure it was round!
I upload a pic so you can verify by yourself:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya i defenetly do not have those,
would anybody buy this from me?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
ya i defenetly do not have those,
would anybody buy this from me?
Good luck on that but you can modified it easily. 2 little holes with a vertical drill and the holes have to be screw marked! Be sure to find first 2 little tinny screws first. Any mechanics or little workshop can do it! Sorry for that but obviously the vendor was not clear on that and since you bought it on e-bay you can ask him to reimburse you or pay for the modification. if not you will file a complain with e-bay!

·
Registered
649 Posts
ya man if you posted the link to the actual one you bought it clearly states that is not for your year model......... and its not from BT. not saying its a bad shifter, you just misread what the dude was selling, try to contact the buyer and see if he has one for the later 07 and up models........ or hell man if youre in the DFW area i can drill the holse for you and we can find some grub screws and get you all set up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts