Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks first post, probably a dumb one. I just got a Billet technology catch can for my 2013 Charger RT I am attempting to put it on everything's hooking up except for the hoses I've attempted it warm them up with a heat gun I have sat them in the house for quite a few hours they will not fit over either one of the ports on the intake side. Is there a trick to doing this that I'm not aware of is there something special about the 2013 that I don't know about? Honestly I'm a fairly decent Car Guy and for the life of me this is beating me up. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I've got a 2015 RT with a Billet Catch Can and my experience mirrors yours, attaching those hoses was a battle! What ended up helping me was coating the inside of the hoses and ports with dish soap. It was still difficult but the soap seemed to help. One qualifier though, when I did my install it was summer and about 85 outside. Trying to do this in the winter has to make it harder.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I lightly sprayed WD-40 inside the ends of the hoses. Hoses slipped on with no problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a 2015 RT with a Billet Catch Can and my experience mirrors yours, attaching those hoses was a battle! What ended up helping me was coating the inside of the hoses and ports with dish soap. It was still difficult but the soap seemed to help. One qualifier though, when I did my install it was summer and about 85 outside. Trying to do this in the winter has to make it harder.
I guess I'll just have to wait until it's warmer out lol.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Maybe I'll wait until it's not 20°
I installed mine during the summer. You can warm-up the ends of the hoses with a heat gun if you have one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed mine during the summer. You can warm-up the ends of the hoses with a heat gun if you have one.
I tried that. It really didn't help much. I'll just wait until it gets warmer outside then try again.....oh well the price of living in the Northeast.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed one about 9 months ago and every 3 months it's halfway filled. That seems like an excessive amount of vaporized oil that was previously just going into the intake, but what do I know?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts