Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fam, I need a definite answer/direction here....are there ANY struts that are labeled for RWD that would fit an AWD R/T??? Want to do coilovers, but keep getting a mixed bag of positives and negatives from people, some say they are a deep-hole investment and you'll be braking your back everyday driving it as a daily, and others say it's the best thing since sliced bread....not to mention the $$ point, which my pocketbook can't do at the moment! I'd rather just do some good 'ol B6's and call it a day, but all the research I do keeps leading me to them only working for the RWD models!

SO...my question is, has anyone here put B6's or equivalent on an AWD model?? As it seems to me, us AWD owners only have the choices of KYB or Monroe, both VERY bottom of the barrel as far as struts go, and I'd be better off with my shotty stockers!

Can anyone help me out with this...pretty please, with a cherry on top???

·
Registered
932 Posts
I bought a Mopar Suspension Upgrade Kit (P5155435AD) for my '14 R/T Blacktop. I did a ton of research to make sure it would fit. Eventually the vendor (a Dodge dealer) gave me a tech support number to call because, let's face it, the stealership doesn't have a clue.

The number was answered by a tech asking for my dealership ID number. I explained the situation and he was able to answer my questions. I don't remember the number, but I'd suggest asking a Dodge dealer for it. After months of research, they were the only ones who had the answers.

FWIW, my understanding was that the only AWD models that can take the kit (which includes Bilstein B6s) was the first gen. I don't think there's anything in a high-performance aftermarket shock for the second-gen AWDs.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a Mopar Suspension Upgrade Kit (P5155435AD) for my '14 R/T Blacktop. I did a ton of research to make sure it would fit. Eventually the vendor (a Dodge dealer) gave me a tech support number to call because, let's face it, the stealership doesn't have a clue.

The number was answered by a tech asking for my dealership ID number. I explained the situation and he was able to answer my questions. I don't remember the number, but I'd suggest asking a Dodge dealer for it. After months of research, they were the only ones who had the answers.

FWIW, my understanding was that the only AWD models that can take the kit (which includes Bilstein B6s) was the first gen. I don't think there's anything in a high-performance aftermarket shock for the second-gen AWDs.
Thank you so much for the response...so are you saying that the Mopar kit you mentioned above fit an AWD model?

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's the only Mopar kit I'm aware of. My understanding was that it would fit first-gen cars, because the early AWD models used the same front suspension as the newer RWD cars. But I've no idea if it would work on an LD AWD Charger. My guess is no, but I'm sure the Dodge tech support guys could tell you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts