Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only do i have a black charger, I've seen a lot of specific detailers and wax for black cars. I've never used any specifically for black cars (i.e Turtle wax "Jet Black") and i heard some products have black dyes in it to help hide any scratches etc. Any recommendations on what i should pick up this weekend?
I usually wash my car and before i dry (because instructed) i use turtle wax spray on detailer, could i use any black wax/detailers right after that process?

·
12,985 Posts
I have tried too many products to list, including the Turtle Wax three-step black car treatment. I really don't feel like I would be willing to endorse any of them. I have been using Liquid Glass lately. It leaves a good shine, but seems to be a little streaky. So far, my favorite quick detailer is Chemical Guys V07, but there could very easily be something better out there.

·
Registered
769 Posts
the best way to take care of black is to paint it red
While red is an awesome color, nothing makes the cars look sharper or more menacing than shiny black. Of course it's a huge PIA to keep looking clean but after a wash or waxing, for those 4 to 5 minutes its stays clean these cars look utterly awesome.

Then a bird craps on it.

·
504 Boy
12,059 Posts
Yup. You get that one last look at it after that last wipe and how awesome it looks. Once you finish the tires you can see the fine layer of dust that has quickly settled on it. lol

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,214 Posts
Hell it is so dusty here even white shows dust right away. I could never have a black car living here.I would go insane trying to keep it clean.

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
I tried the 3-step Turtle Wax Black Box that was mentioned earlier and it's such a pain in the ass... black spray detailer/cleaner, a cleaner wax, to be removed with the spray detailer, then the finish wax, also to be removed with the spray detailer (I think that's all correct...) and both "waxes" are so thin and runny and don't have anything but a screw-off top, that they're a pain to work with and WILL get on your hands and stain them, lol.
That being said, I've attached a couple of pics of my results, which were pretty good, but only seemed to last one or two washes... Reflections are a little wonky because they're in my dad's storage new garage which has metal walls... hence all of the lines.

This last time, I used Maguiar's Cleaning Wax, which I got as a gift at Christmas. That worked pretty well, too. Didn't pay particular attention to its ability to cover scratches/swirls, but it does claim to do so on the package... Only grabbed a couple quick pictures of that, which are here: http://www.chargerforumz.com/showpost.php?p=1676570&postcount=4819

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
The thing about those waxes for black cars is that even though your car is black the paint your working with is CLEAR NOT BLACK. So a wax that looks good on any color is what you need... now if you had a black single stage on the other hand.. now I haven't herd anyone trying that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Turtle Wax black detailer works pretty good...fills in the small swirls, The California Car Duster is good for in between washes for dust control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts