Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2011 RT Max and a few months ago traded it in for a Daytona. I miss the blind spot and cross path detection which was not in the Daytona. Is this something the dealer could install? Anyone ever do it? I also would like to put in the Park sense rear Park assist. Everything else is in the Daytona.
Appreciate any assistance.
Steve

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
I've seen the park assist kits being sold, but I cant say I seen the cross path detection stuff sold as a kit. That does not mean it is not though.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The best way to find this out is to talk to someone at a dealership's parts department.

They can enter your VIN into their computer and see a list of sales codes that can be installed as a dealer-installed option. Not all sales codes will show up, only the things that they could install and activate.

Park sensors are on the list, but I don't know about the blind spot stuff. I'd like to get a list of available options, maybe I'll get one the next time I bring my car in for service.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Would a rear cam be better for you? My Daytona didnt come with a back-up cam, but I installed one myself using the OEM 3rd brake light with cam, and it was just take out the 3rd brake light, put in the new one and plug and play. Really simple. I like the cam better than the rear park assist.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Steve,

Mopar sells an accessory park distance kit. Steve White motors has one listed on eBay right now for $260, which is just the kit of course, no installation. The kit is universal- it isn't made to plug into a factory harness but includes all harnesses it needs. The sensors won't be body color and would require painting.

Kit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-200-300-DURANGO-CHEROKEE-JOURNEY-CHARGER-PARK-DISTANCE-BACK-UP-SENSOR-/350809470915

Cross path detection looks a lot more spendy and more of a guinea pig type adventure.

Looking on the web, you need the control module and two sensors, one in the back of each side of the car. The sensors go for $738 each, then you need a $220 module. All of it would need to be wired up, and the car probably has a 50/50 chance of the wiring being there or not. Plus you would need to buy the mirrors with the indicator.

MODULE. BLIND SPOT DETECTION. [XAN]. . "Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection". Required: 001. 56038903AD ; 56038903AB; 56038903AC $223

SENSOR. Blind Spot Detection. [XAN]. . "Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection". Required: 002. 56038942AA $738

1 - 5 of 5 Posts