Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cats we’re taking off an straight pipes where put on what would make blue come outa the tailpipe when it gears down..it’s doesn’t smoke at all when the check engine light isn’t on ...Help

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Car info???????? Mileage, work, etc? Well, the obvious answer is that the cats were catching it and burning it off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cats we’re taking off an straight pipes where put on what would make blue come outa the tailpipe when it gears down..it’s doesn’t smoke at all when the check engine light isn’t on ...Help
Replied cats wasn’t any good car has had EVERY MAITNESS it started after the cats were removed an only does it when the light comes on ( my muffler guy reset them after he removed cats) when I’m going down hill an not Accelerating it gears down but when I start to accelerate after words or before I accelerate it with a strong ex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replied cats wasn’t any good car has had EVERY MAITNESS it started after the cats were removed an only does it when the light comes on ( my muffler guy reset them after he removed cats) when I’m going down hill an not Accelerating it gears down but when I start to accelerate after words or before I accelerate it with a strong ex
Smell

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Tell it walking. You guys are hooked and taking drag out.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Blue smoke on deacceleration is typically due to valve guides leaking oil into the combustion chamber ... but a leaking valve cover (cylinder head cover) can also cause it. First check the torque on the valve cover bolts and check for leaks. It's a cheap and easy fix if it's the problem. Problem not fixed? Perform a cylinder compression test on all the cylinders to see which ones are leaking. You will need to remove the heads to inspect the valve guides and replace them.
As previously posted, the smoke showing up after the Cats were removed is probably because the Cats were burning off the smoke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts