Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read a thread about excessive brake dust on our cars... but can't find it now.. So I thought I'd share my experience with my new scat pack. It's real! 200 miles and my rims and once red calipers are covered with dust. I read something about this here, and the brakes squealing is beginning to get annoying. I plan on letting my dealer know about the squealing, but don't expect them to do much. What are you guys doing for pad upgrades? By thew way ... love the car!

wheel.jpg
wheel2.jpg
wheel3.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
powerstop z23-1405 -This will eliminate the dust and reduce squealing. Just make sure you follow the bedding instructions on the box.
Done ! ordered off Amazon, have them tomorrow. Now those are the front 6 piston pads... how about the rear 4 piston pads... Thanks for the info. I had to laugh at the other thread I referred to.. one of the guys said his stock pads don't dust.. he must either not drive his car, or only drives it with an alternative braking method..

Reactions: Leo

·
851 Posts
Z23-1053 are for the rear brakes. I look forward to see how you like the new pads. The pads on these cars are very easy to change.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Z23-1053 are for the rear brakes. I look forward to see how you like the new pads. The pads on these cars are very easy to change.
Awsome, thanks.... Should be no problem changing them, I've worked on cars since I was 14 and owned my own Performance auto shop for almost 30 years.. plus... I have a son... The car in my avatar is my 6 cyl. turbo charged regal Ttype... 1200HP.. Think I can change a few brake pads.. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm.. lots of mixed reviews on the rear pads.. some fitment issues, pins wrong. Just enough neg to make me hesitate. Several other complaints.. whatcha think? Am I ok.. on my 2019 Charger scat pack, daytona.. thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered them ... we'll check em out..

·
Registered
82 Posts
my 2019 Daytona 392 is so far so good! very little brake dust! but mine has 4 piston Brembos all the way around

·
Registered
82 Posts
eah it is only the 6 piston brakes that generate tons of dust.
Yup I agree! my buddy at work has a 19 Daytona 392. He has the 6 pistons and he showed me how bad they are. He said I'm luck to just have the 4 pistons

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got an update on the brake pads ..... Finally got around to replacing the front pads only on my 6 piston Brembos... All I can say is WZOW!!!!! What a difference, in brake dust only. The brakes themselves work fine, no noticeable difference in stopping power... but what made me sick was the amount of brake dust from the originals .... I have virtually no dust now. At the very least they now look like the rear rims... clean! If you have the 6 piston Brembos with original pads, and don't like the brake dust, this is absolutely the answer. I could go out for 1 ride before and it was ugly, we've put close to 2,000 miles on the new pads.. haven't had to clean the front rims yet.... Thanks guys for the suggestion

·
Registered
37 Posts
That’s awesome! Think I’ll invest.

I can’t stand the dust, 2019 Daytona 392 with the 6 piston Brembos. Such a pain! ?‍♂

·
851 Posts
Got an update on the brake pads ..... Finally got around to replacing the front pads only on my 6 piston Brembos... All I can say is WZOW!!!!! What a difference, in brake dust only. The brakes themselves work fine, no noticeable difference in stopping power... but what made me sick was the amount of brake dust from the originals .... I have virtually no dust now. At the very least they now look like the rear rims... clean! If you have the 6 piston Brembos with original pads, and don't like the brake dust, this is absolutely the answer. I could go out for 1 ride before and it was ugly, we've put close to 2,000 miles on the new pads.. haven't had to clean the front rims yet.... Thanks guys for the suggestion

No problem Glad we could help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
powerstop z23-1405 -This will eliminate the dust and reduce squealing. Just make sure you follow the bedding instructions on the box.
NEWBIE Will this work also for a 2020? Been cleaning my rims every week since January... powerstop site does not have anything for 2020 Charger 6 piston dynamic performance package. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
They're all the same. Just look for the "1405" in it, and it will fit. That is the pad needed for the Brembo 6-piston calipers for many years. $71 on Amazon Prime. Wait, that's the Z-26, the Z-23 are only $55!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had my wheels ceramic coated the brake dust washes away with a simple hose bath. That being said the dust is a little much and have debated on changing the pads even though I rarely drive my car

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have used many sets of these; Wagner Perfect Stop, semi-metallic. They stop great on bigger tracks, and best of all, they leave the rotor clean and shiny and hardly any dust. I no longer had to switch pads for going to the longer tracks like Road America. Secondly, they didn't wear down the rotors either. If/when I upgrade to 6-piston fronts, these are the only pads that I will use. Again, only $55 on Amazon. 1405 Pads.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
They're all the same. Just look for the "1405" in it, and it will fit. That is the pad needed for the Brembo 6-piston calipers for many years. $71 on Amazon Prime. Wait, that's the Z-26, the Z-23 are only $55!
Bought the Z26 since they are extreme performance grade over the sport and will install this weekend. Appreciate the info! Will send feedback...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed the Power Stop Z26 extreme for my 2020 this past weekend with little to NO brake dust. HIGHLY Recommend. Thanks for the help!! (Recent pad i would have noticed by today how much it built up.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts