Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 R/T with 19k miles and the brakes are starting to make noise.
I only drive it on weekends and i do like to drive at high speeds.
The brakes are not that great and would like to upgrade so i have more stopping power with out replacing the rotors. I have a small budget.

When going around turns the car seems to oversteer I think. Would sway bars help?
Seems like my van (1ton lol) makes the exit ramp at higher speeds with out the feeling of wreaking. Does the R/T have sway bars?
Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sways could help. What kind of tires do you have? Stock brake pads are terrible. There are many threads/posts that get into that, so I won't beat a dead horse. I just replaced everything (rotors and pads) with EBC sport brakes. My only issue is the rears are still kinda squeaking. But it gets less and less the more miles I put on them. I hope this helps...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ok, a few basics here: unless you are making repeated hard stops then the tires are the weakest part of your braking system. Adding hawk ceramic pads (or similar) will give you less "fade" or loss of breaking for repeated stops.
What do you mean by oversteer? Oversteer is where the rear of the car is rotating, ie fishtail (i ask because its very unlikely you're oversteering the car at high speen unless you're rhys millen). Understeer or push is where you turn the wheel and it does not go where you point it but it skids.
The best answer to both is tires.
Do you have big rims on the car? If so know that bigger rims reduce braking performance and handling (by adding weight).
You can also add stainless brake lines to give the brakes a better "feel" for fairly cheap. Adding sway bars will help you corner, as would bushings, springs and dampers.

Reactions: azoth99

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
are you sure you don't have oversteer and understeer backwards?

our cars understeer (push the front end) real bad on stock swaybars.

aftermakret sway bars will make your car oversteer (rotate) more with improved front grip in corners. thus improving turn in and making the car more neutral. it will also allow you to steer the car with the throttle if you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts