Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brakes have developed this, sort of a croaking noise, but only when easing on the brakes or letting off them. It's been a few months since I've had the car looked over to make sure everything is in working order and at that point it was said my suspension was fine: control arms, bushings, etc. Nothing looked out of the ordinary. Any idea with anyone who may have experienced this? Again, it's a light croaking noise that feels like knocking when easing on the brakes, and goes away with more pressure applied to the brakes. It then will croak when I ease off the brakes.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Could be one or both of your caliper housing bolts are loose, loose enough to move the whole housing (with pads) and hitting against the inside of the wheel or causing it to move a bit to cause sounds? Have you checked all bolts to see if any are loose? Any warping in the rotors at all (you can run your finger along the rotor and will notice any bends/warping...

I had annoying noise issues that plagued mine that was cured by proper ventilation/dissipation of heat (cross-drilled/slotted rotors, and carbon/ceramic pads) and did deal with a "knock/clunking" sound that turned out to be a loose lower caliper bolt that was causing it upon lower speeds or going over bumps/potholes to make that sound.

Here's my thread for reference:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be one or both of your caliper housing bolts are loose, loose enough to move the whole housing (with pads) and hitting against the inside of the wheel or causing it to move a bit to cause sounds? Have you checked all bolts to see if any are loose? Any warping in the rotors at all (you can run your finger along the rotor and will notice any bends/warping...

I had annoying noise issues that plagued mine that was cured by proper ventilation/dissipation of heat (cross-drilled/slotted rotors, and carbon/ceramic pads) and did deal with a "knock/clunking" sound that turned out to be a loose lower caliper bolt that was causing it upon lower speeds or going over bumps/potholes to make that sound.

Here's my thread for reference:

I haven't checked but I was thinking it's something to do with my calipers, as the noise only occurs when lightly braking. It doesn't even happen going over any kind of bump in the road. I'll definitely look into that.

·
Registered
195 Posts
So my brakes have developed this, sort of a croaking noise, but only when easing on the brakes or letting off them. It's been a few months since I've had the car looked over to make sure everything is in working order and at that point it was said my suspension was fine: control arms, bushings, etc. Nothing looked out of the ordinary. Any idea with anyone who may have experienced this? Again, it's a light croaking noise that feels like knocking when easing on the brakes, and goes away with more pressure applied to the brakes. It then will croak when I ease off the brakes.
Helo Thatmanv,
I certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are unable to determine the cause of this with the assistance of fellow forum members, I suggest connecting with your local Dodge dealer as they are in the best position to assist. Please know that we are available via private message if you are in need of any assistance with that process.
Laura
DodgeCares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts