Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am i the only one who thinks that the billett catch cans only coming with brass fittings, now, sucks????? satin and black hoses on brass will not look good IMO. guess i shoulda been got it instead bullshittin' around. any clue why they did that?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Reliability. The black fittings were plastic (of some sort) and some people had issues with them cracking.

If you don't like the brass look you can always paint them black (or whatever color you want). Or you can make up your own fittings.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
They would look awseome color matched like the one above. Those look hooottt!

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I have an older one, its brass then they went to plastic and I am now guessing the went back to brass. I would rather have brass, at least its metal.. If you don't like the way it looks paint it..

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
PAINT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh...got a little out of control there...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I did the same for my fittings, painted them black. I would not trust the realibility of plastic for a catch can

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i was thinking that. i didnt know the black was plastic. my fault. its all good. that pic IS hot! looks real good. so i assume we ought to use high temp paint on it and just paint over the brass? no prep of any kind?

thanks.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Glad I have the brass!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Why would you need high temp paint? Just use a rattle can IMO...Or you can get the braided hose kit

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why would you need high temp paint? Just use a rattle can IMO...Or you can get the braided hose kit

i dont know. just asking. and i dont mind brass and yes better than plastic but i merely was just referring the ugly gold color of the brass. i'm gonna get that hose kit but the gold still shows, so rattle can it is!!

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
I had one of the plastic fitting ones, i tried to take the pvc hose off so i could put braided lines on and the fitting just broke with the hose attached to it. The brass ones dont have that problem

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had one of the plastic fitting ones, i tried to take the pvc hose off so i could put braided lines on and the fitting just broke with the hose attached to it. The brass ones dont have that problem
Me too. I bought one when they first came out and the plastic fitting cracked right at the inner corner. I called BT and explained to them what happened and they sent me the Brass Fittings- Free Of Charge! Awesome CS!!! Bottom Line - Brass is Better!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My CatchCan has the plastic elbows.
One of the elbows developed a crack on the inside of the elbow and started whistling.
I reported it over on the "S" forum and had a new set of elbows sent to me.
I wish my fittings were brass.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts