Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all,

As we have a fellow North East Forum member that has joined us from Vermont, I am proposing a M&G for June 21st. I know it is a ways away but with everyones schedule filling up I figured I would throw it out there now.

The local car people have a M&G at Staples in Brattleboro on Saturdays starting at 5 pm. I have gone to this and actually had some of the locals participate in CFC I. On alternating Saturdays they hang out there for awhile and then cruise down Route 5 to a campground in which the owners are car people. Here is what I propose.

Just off exit 4 in Putney there is a roadside BBQ place called Curtis'. Great food. I say we meet there around 3:30 and hang out and grab a late lunch. Around 5:00 cruise on down to Staples in Brattleboro, ( 12-15 minute ride), and hang out there. I will contact the manager of Staples as last year he took digital pics of you in your car and it was printed on photo paper around 24x18. That was free. You could pay to have it mounted on poster board which most people did. I will bring mine to Hooterspalooza to show anyone who wants to see it. If it is the weekend of the campground holding there cruise in, we can head there as it is only 5-10 minutes away. I will start a list on the second post. If interested, post up. Thanks.

Gary N

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reserved for Participant list

1.) Sublime0855

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Oh boy! Roadside BBQ sounds really nice! Is this a good old-fashioned pit barbeque (whole pork, hickory and apple tree wood... slow cooked, with lots of sauce?) Ahhhh... those are the best... they beat even the finest French bistro, if you asked me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh boy! Roadside BBQ sounds really nice! Is this a good old-fashioned pit barbeque (whole pork, hickory and apple tree wood... slow cooked, with lots of sauce?) Ahhhh... those are the best... they beat even the finest French bistro, if you asked me.
Danni,

That is exactly what it is. Curtis does the BBQ'ing himself right outside. Huge grates full of ribs and chicken, slow cooked to perfection.

Gary N

·
Registered
38 Posts
that food sounds good in so many ways. i love food that'll stick to your ribs. i'm deffinatley into it i know i can go. its just if the crazy eights car club of new england members want to join in.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Oh my God! Something close to me. I'm going to try my damnedest to be there. We have our annual training and it is supposed to get over on the 21st. I'm not sure if it will be AM or PM. This sounds amazing, I wish I could. Sadly, I most likely will not be able to. Please have more of these. PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
if i didn't just just start my job on weekends i would so be there, I might just have to wait till next year to Meets and drives plus gives me some time to dump some money in my new Charger ;) but yea ill talk to my boss and see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts