Dodge Charger Forum banner

Budget exhaust upgrade 3.6L v6

12K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ThePhenom99 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I am looking for some advice from those who likely have more experience or knowledge in this.

I have a 2014 Charger SE 3.6l v6, the first mod I want to do is exhaust. Now I am only going to be putting around 300-400 into this as I am not going to be doing a full exhaust system swap. Slight backstory is my previous car was a v6 hyundai tucson and I decided I wanted it to be loud so I cut off the muffler and put a cherrybomber on it, made the cars acceleration sluggish and was super droney, so I want to do my charger the right way.

Here are my thoughts. Because in want something that will be loud when I want it and not be super droney. Mid muffler swap for a flowmaster super 50, and a resonator delete.

I have heard about just doing a mid muffler delete, but any video I see of this it just sounds like they made the charger a ricer so not an option for me.

Any advice is well appreciated!

#2 ·
Hey everyone, I am looking for some advice from those who likely have more experience or knowledge in this.

I have a 2014 Charger SE 3.6l v6, the first mod I want to do is exhaust. Now I am only going to be putting around 300-400 into this as I am not going to be doing a full exhaust system swap. Slight backstory is my previous car was a v6 hyundai tucson and I decided I wanted it to be loud so I cut off the muffler and put a cherrybomber on it, made the cars acceleration sluggish and was super droney, so I want to do my charger the right way.

Here are my thoughts. Because in want something that will be loud when I want it and not be super droney. Mid muffler swap for a flowmaster super 50, and a resonator delete.

I have heard about just doing a mid muffler delete, but any video I see of this it just sounds like they made the charger a ricer so not an option for me.

Any advice is well appreciated!
Hey, welcome to the forum. I just upgraded my exhaust some by putting a flowmaster series 44 muffler and replaced both of the resonators with cherry bomb glass packs. I put a lot of time looking into it and it was a good cheap but good way to go. There really is no drone and is pretty loud. It's my first time putting an exhaust on a V6 and it's pretty good.

#5 ·
Dont do the mid muffler delete alone. I did it on my first go and hated it for two years. Video below. I found a cool little shop in Dalkas that cut out my resonators and put Super 44's and a X pipe in for me for $350 cash. It sounds great now. Unfortunately I dont have any current video. The attached video is the old way, it's bad.

#6 ·
I just picked up a pair of flowmaster super 10's, havent installed them yet. I think what im going to do is first cut off the rear resonators and install the super 10's there in place of the resonators, if it sounds bad then ill end up installing the super 10's in place of mid mufflers and either straight pipe the rear or install glasspacks there.

#7 ·
I checked out a new GT4 a while back, the car had factory x-pipe/dual exhaust .... he deleted the rear resonators and left stock mid mufflers in place. It didnt sound horrible, but I didnt think it sounded all that good and I didnt think it was very loud. For sure needs mufflers.

If your Charger has a single factory muffler, you might want to look into replacing it with a single super 44, rear resonator delete w/ straight pipe in there place (possibly glasspacks in rear) .... I have heard a few a set ups like this that sounded pretty good.

#8 ·
Auto part Vehicle Engine Exhaust system Automotive exhaust
Auto part Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Exhaust system
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
I had some super 10’s put on today, i like them. They sound good. Straight pipe in place of the rear suitcases

The shop showed me some rear resonators that made the exhaust sound a tiny bit better / deeper but $100 more to add the resonators ... i might add them later.

I paid $180 for the install and $145 for the 2 super 10’s so $325 total

#9 ·
Nice! Next up is to get rid of the fake tips built into the bumper.

View attachment 86854 View attachment 86854 View attachment 86856 View attachment 86854 View attachment 86856 View attachment 86854 View attachment 86856 View attachment 86858 I had some super 10’s put on today, i like them. They sound good. Straight pipe in place of the rear suitcases

The shop showed me some rear resonators that made the exhaust sound a tiny bit better / deeper but $100 more to add the resonators ... i might add them later.

I paid $180 for the install and $145 for the 2 super 10’s so $325 total

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.