Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so honest to God I recently just began getting into cars about a year or so ago and in April got to purchase my new 2018 Rt. Anyway I wanted to get into making more power with the car but truth be told I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any tips on what I should do first and what direction I should head into. If it helps I purchased the car its not a lease and I eventually plan to put a pro charger on the car. Only thing the car has on it now is hatless mid pipes and the tazer if that affects anything. First thing ive been told to do is a cold air intake but I've heard mixed things about K&N, I heard they don't really work at all. I heard leg maker is the best but id have to cut into the frame of the car. Thanks for any input guys!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey guys so honest to God I recently just began getting into cars about a year or so ago and in April got to purchase my new 2018 Rt. Anyway I wanted to get into making more power with the car but truth be told I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any tips on what I should do first and what direction I should head into. If it helps I purchased the car its not a lease and I eventually plan to put a pro charger on the car. Only thing the car has on it now is hatless mid pipes and the tazer if that affects anything. First thing ive been told to do is a cold air intake but I've heard mixed things about K&N, I heard they don't really work at all. I heard leg maker is the best but id have to cut into the frame of the car. Thanks for any input guys!!
Can do a Hellcat upper and lower air box with a drop in filter and air duct to the grill cheaper and works great, I had good results with the 6.4 intake manifold swap and also port matched and smoothed it, I don’t really know if that made much of a difference but I had the time before installing it and was super cheap to do just time consuming. Some good exhaust systems out thar and a set of long tube headers is always helpful, people are also getting nice gains from the 6.4 cam swap and I highly recommend a tune from Jay Greene when you’re ready. However if you’re gonna pro charge I really don’t know what the best options for accompanying mods would be besides a good exhaust and long tubes, I’ve heard for forced induction the 6.1 manifold is better than the 6.4 and Jay Greene has some bad ass cams to, lots of options sorry if that wasn’t much help.

·
Registered
787 Posts
First thing ive been told to do is a cold air intake but I've heard mixed things about K&N, I heard they don't really work at all. I heard leg maker is the best but id have to cut into the frame of the car. Thanks for any input guys!![/QUOTE]

I went with the Mopar CAI. It's OEM, so no possible warranty issues, easy install, and not much more $$ than aftermarket. Definitely would not cut into the frame for a CAI. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Fattony
1 - 3 of 3 Posts