i have no leaks either its just gone
:4-dontknow:

I NEED HELP ASAP B4 THIS THING BLOWS SKYY HIGH..lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Burning oil...help!!!

soo ive noticed that my car is burning oil b4 its time to even change it(3k miles or 3 mounths)

an i only noticed it because i got out the car while the car was on an heard it tickin slowly otherwise i cant hear it inside the car(windows up or down)

what would be the reason behind this burning oil problem??
its a 07 3.5v6
:4-dontknow:

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
Did you check the oil level to mnake sure it was low? Did you see any smoke from the tailpipe? If so what color was it?

·
Registered
655 Posts
and what quantity of oil is missing. our 3.5 are known to burl a little oil. i add 1 litter of oil between each oil change, went to dealer and they say it's normal.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
If you're not doing so already you can use a synthetic oil which has higher resistance to high temperatures... it won't burn off as fast, and protects your engine better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you check the oil level to mnake sure it was low? Did you see any smoke from the tailpipe? If so what color was it?
yeaa after i heard it ticking i checked the dip stick an nuthing was in it so it burnt al of it but there was no smoke

and what quantity of oil is missing. our 3.5 are known to burl a little oil. i add 1 litter of oil between each oil change, went to dealer and they say it's normal.
well all of the oil was gone..good to know ..so its nothing wrong then???

If you're not doing so already you can use a synthetic oil which has higher resistance to high temperatures... it won't burn off as fast, and protects your engine better.
ill look into that ..i use whatever it says to use on the oil cap i think it says 10 40 not to sure cant remember

1 - 6 of 6 Posts