Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 SRT8 with only 7200 miles got hit the other day on the freeway going 60 - spun me out like a PIT manuever! (they hit me once on the rear wheel and once on the front wheel) Getting it fixed now by a dealer, but won't keep it once it's fixed cause I'm superstitious.
I'm leaning towards replacing it with a '10 because I know and love how that generation runs and drives, but also might wait for an '11 (assuming they will come out with the 6.4 sometime early in the new year). The '10's are few and far between, but I can find a few new ones - and I can get a decent price on them too.
But as part of the decision, would like to know what others who have these cars think...

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
2011 will not have an srt version unless its released way late in the year. I would wait till the new LX version comes out and see what they have to offer! Who knows maybe they'll have new sets of daytonas etc.....

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Be patient brother and I hate to hear about the accident. It is weird that something like that did not total her out.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Only 7200 miles??? That sucks to get that car wrecked. I would hold till they fully release all the 2011 LX models. Then Decide. If you dont like the 2011 then you should be able to pick up a 10 at a very good price.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
This is a very hard choice.. my thought process is do you want the newest and best as in the 2011 6.4 or do you want the best deal ?? I know that the dealer over in Beckley, WV is starting to come down on the two 2010 SRT8 Chally's he has on the lot. At one point he was asking 3k over sticker. It is my opinion that when the 2011's come out they are going to be at sticker or above for sometime.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident.

There will not be a 2011 SRT Charger; for the 2011 model year the SRT is Challenger only with the 6.4L.

2011 will be a very short model year for the chargers (the 2011's will basically be 2011.5's). I've read they're going to producing the 2012 chargers by mid-late spring 2011, and the SRT will be part of that.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I say just wait for the 2011 and if you don't like it you can just get the 2010 for less $

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Seems like the consensus is to wait - I guess my biggest fear is that there won't be any 10's left if that's what I decide to do later on. There's not that many out there right now -seems like more Challengers and altho they're cool, I don't like the way they handle under pressure compared to the Chargers (apologies to Chally owners).
Thanks guys for the comments and the empathy - I always seem to get newer cars hit by some idiot...and in this case, since the resale would've been $30K, the $13K (and counting) repair bill isn't enough to total it. Also, altho the pics on the net vary and aren't guaranteed to be the end result, I'm not sure I like the rear end of the next gen Chargers...altho the flutes in the doors are cool.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is a very hard choice.. my thought process is do you want the newest and best as in the 2011 6.4 or do you want the best deal ?? I know that the dealer over in Beckley, WV is starting to come down on the two 2010 SRT8 Chally's he has on the lot. At one point he was asking 3k over sticker. It is my opinion that when the 2011's come out they are going to be at sticker or above for sometime.
Check out this link first then get the dealer link..they now have over 100 Chally's..way below sticker price too!

[url]http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108656[/URL]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts