Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i have winner ticket from lotto 25$ lol:hah: and i want spend my big check to new cam and i m little confuse to get good one anyone khow about modern muscle serie? or any sugestion ? thanks

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I have been real happy with my Spartan from Inertia, give Stu a call and he will hook you up...

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
I guess the question you need to ask is what do you expect out of it ?

You want Max power? will you race the car at all ?

Want a little power, or ballz to the wall ?

There are a bunch of members running all kind of cams out there but you should know how radical you want to go.....

and if you plan on porting your heads too

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
As I found out, and I'm pretty cheap about stuff. When you upgrade a cam you'll need to upgrade a few other things as well. So depending on how much coin you want to spend will depend on what cam you may want to go with. Some cams you'll need to change exhaust springs, some both intake and exhaust springs. some cams all springs and pushrods. etc....

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Some you even need to get a higher stall torque converter.
There are many variables to deciding what cam you want. Is it a daily driver or a strictly drag strip vehicle? You should call a vendor and tell them your situation and what your expectations are.
When i decided to get a cam i searched the forums and I decided to call Inertia Motorsports. I told Stu I had a daily driver and wanted an aggresive cam with lots of low end and mid range while maintaing daily driving. We cam up with a special ground Spartan cam and milled high compression performance heads for more top end.
and let me tell you, its a beast.
I would call a vendor you feel comfortable with and maybe more in your area for easier business, just tell them what you want!
Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it`s more about idle sound what i 'm looking for but look like i'm into serious business with my question thanks anyway i will wait untill i have some engine work in future

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi everyone i have winner ticket from lotto 25$ lol:hah: and i want spend my big check to new cam and i m little confuse to get good one anyone khow about modern muscle serie? or any sugestion ? thanks

As stated above it all depends on where you want to be, I personally run a Spartan from Stu (Inertia Motorsports) , Also another cam to look at would be Comp268 pretty comparable to the Spartan or visa versa. they are great cams for daily drivers and DO NOT require additional performance parts or head work. There is also many other vendors out i.e. FRI / Arrington and Modern Muscle as you stated.

Even though They do not require addtional performance parts, I would recommend atleast 6.1 exhaust/intake springs , 6.1 pushrods, new timing set ( Timing set get the 6.1 as it has beefer tensioners on cam plate ) and oil pump. If you have any miles on it at the least would do timing set, are you gonna still run MDS ? If not change out the lifters as well w/6.1 lifters as those pesky MDS lifters will chatter ( I should have listen to my own preaching on this )

Another thing to consider if you with the springs you may want to consider If you want to your exhaust w/ headers as you wil already have the heads off . as headers are no fun chore with heads on the motor.

Bill

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
If you want a nice sounding idle, get a tighter LSA!

·
Registered
151 Posts
A tighter LSA i.e 112 /111 will give you alot of lope which I am a fan of ( im taking it that your advertised LSA 11* you went with Stu's 111 on the spartan) and definatley need a tune to get everything into check. But if you go with a wider LSA you can still get a nice sound and a little lope without necessarily going with a CMR , but with that being said I would bump fuel 5% with predator across all three parameters and put a A/F meter on the list ..look at my sig take out the 09 intake and i ran 13.06 @ 105.98 with a 1.98 60 foot imagine putting set of drag radials I would knock my 60' by 2 tenths and running 12.80 's around about with a canned tune ..not bad for a 4000 lb car with mild cam and exhaust

Bill

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Add a higher stall torque converter and the getrag rear and knock even more off!
I cant wait until i get my new rear end.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
That 111LSA is a beast down low!

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Just so you know it can be done pretty cheap. I spent 210 for Cam, springs, and pushrods. other than that the expense is gaskets, bolts, and fluids etc.... So basically you could get it done if you do it yourself for under 400 bucks easy.

If you have a friend that works for the dealer he can hook you up with this little green or blue french tickler looking air tool to clean up your block before you reienstall you heads if you go that route to do the cam install.

You don't have to pull the heads to install the cam just so you know. but thats what I did as I had an issue with my heads

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Spartan is really fun for the street, any bigger and you gata rev it,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts