Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've had my '13 Charger for 3 months and all is great but for one little thing. For some reason, that I now regret, I opted for both front and rear sensors instead of the standard rear ones. They charged me a bit over 500$ for both and the sensors have helped with the dimensions of the car greatly. But the thing is that I can't turn off the front sensors, and no this isn't a problem I've been having lately but ever since I got the car.

The second I turned on the car in the showroom, the sensors started beeping insanely because of a Cherokee in front of me. I ask the salesman how do I turn this off? He tells me you can't, which I believed was impossible as to who would design sensors you can't turn off. So I get the car for the 1000km service and the guy tells me the same thing, which prompts me to believe these were some cheap aftermarket sensors installed here without a button as opposed to the ones installed in the rear which turn on when you're in reverse only.

Is there anyway I can turn them off without disabling them for good? They seem to be of great help, especially in my super tight garage but whenever I'm in a tight parking lot or in a pedestrian filled area, these things beep like a fricking bomb. Any ideas on this?

·
Banned
783 Posts
There is no disable for them, because the come on with the car.

If you can find the module, splice in a toggle on/off switch into the power lead. First, ask the dealer where it module is, maybe they will tell you. If not, trace one of the sensor wires to it.

I have a set of rears to put on... Got them from a Magnum, that had intermittent failure, so I took the module apart and found the cold solder joints, and fixed it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't really thought of that, but it looks like it's a lot of work so I'm not going to do it myself. Thing is though, I'd have to route them to an outer aftermarket switch rather than a button since there's no spare buttons in the dash unlike what I've seen in other cars, plus it'd be easier I guess to go this route rather than messing with the dash.

·
Banned
783 Posts
Nope, not a lot of work at all.

You can CUT the power wire, then route the live end back into the dashboard switch (turn car off so it it not actually live then). Then, run your new source wire from the switch, to the module wire, and spilce together, the best thing to do. There is a grommet you can go through the firewall.

You only need a 1/4" or slightly larger hole for a toggle switch. There is plenty of room to the left of your driver side lower dash panel that pulls off. There may be a metal plate directly below the steering wheel behind the panel. However, there is a good 4"x4" area to the far left to mount switches. This area is where I do all my splice and hook ups. I have power there, USB power there... This is where I plan to install the switch for my Smoke Screen device once I plan it out...

There are nice aftermarket buttons, that have a nice frame, bigger button, they look nice; while still only needing a 1/4" hole for the shaft of it. Pep Boyz has all kinds of switches, lighted and not lighted... It's easier than you think...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts