Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m a rookie when it comes to electrical issues. I have what I consider still a “brand new” 2020 Charger Scatpack with only 5,560 miles on it. The alarm has been randomly going off. No one touches it. Nothing near it. Just randomly goes off. It’s happened 3 times now. Each and every time there’s about 2-3 days of a gap before it goes off.

I called the dealership (in my city) and they were trying to say I have an aftermarket alarm installed and that this never happens to their alarms... I bought this thing brand new from a different dodge dealership so how could there be an aftermarket alarm installed...

Any ideas guys? Thanks.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hey guys, I’m a rookie when it comes to electrical issues. I have what I consider still a “brand new” 2020 Charger Scatpack with only 5,560 miles on it. The alarm has been randomly going off. No one touches it. Nothing near it. Just randomly goes off. It’s happened 3 times now. Each and every time there’s about 2-3 days of a gap before it goes off.

I called the dealership (in my city) and they were trying to say I have an aftermarket alarm installed and that this never happens to their alarms... I bought this thing brand new from a different dodge dealership so how could there be an aftermarket alarm installed...

Any ideas guys? Thanks.
Assuming that taking it back to the dealership you purchased it at is not convenient, have you called that dealership to ask what alarm they installed in it? You can also get the original build sheet from Dodge by typing the VIN# in here ---> FCA RAM <---- . I imagine that would reveal whether the alarm was installed at the factory or the dealership, in case they deny liability for some reason. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming that taking it back to the dealership you purchased it at is not convenient, have you called that dealership to ask what alarm they installed in it? You can also get the original build sheet from Dodge by typing the VIN# in here ---> FCA RAM <---- . I imagine that would reveal whether the alarm was installed at the factory or the dealership, in case they deny liability for some reason. Good luck!
Yeah the other dealership is about 100 or so miles away from my house hahah. No I haven’t called them but I’ll go ahead do that... just a little irritated I didn’t know of it (if this is the case) at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the other dealership is about 100 or so miles away from my house hahah. No I haven’t called them but I’ll go ahead do that... just a little irritated I didn’t know of it (if this is the case) at the time of purchase.
just called them and they didn’t do anything to it.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Any ideas guys? Thanks.
Hi PackOfRaisins,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend visiting your dealer to have this inspected as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Dodge Cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts