Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Atlanta for an event. Left her alone for about 4 hours in a pay parking lot. They popped the lock on the drivers side. stole everything. Went to the trunk and took my stuff from there.

I'm lucky they didn't take my Kevlar or ACH. They didn't take my side plates either. They mainly took my girlfriend's stuff. Shes out a couple grand in personal belongings which was all she had to her name.

I'm so mad about it. Watching her cry was horrible. We went to the hotel with just the clothes on our backs. It was so brazen. It was out in the open with event people around.

I earned my stuff. I'm not rich, I deployed for my car. I think these guys should be shot.

·
504 Boy
12,059 Posts
That is freaking awful!!! A**holes like this should be strung up! So sorry for your invasion and your girlfriend's loss of her belongings.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
damn that sucks, i hate the hear when stuff like that happens.

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Damn hate to hear this, where there any cameras or anything? Hard to believe no one saw a thing!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you have home owners insurance it should pickup what your auto insurance doen't cover except for the deductible. Sorry to hear about your theft. Been there, done that, in my case took the truck as well. Things work out.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Damn brother, I'm really sorry to hear this. Especially someone like you that risked your life to get the car. I agree though. If you steal, you get fingers cut off (or a whole hand) and if you rape someone, the same ideology applies!

To help out others, what do you mean by "popped the lock"? How did they do it? It seems like the locks on our rides are a weak spot. This story makes me want to take my saved mod money and just buy a good aftermarket alarm system.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Damn brother, I'm really sorry to hear this. Especially someone like you that risked your life to get the car. I agree though. If you steal, you get fingers cut off (or a whole hand) and if you rape someone, the same ideology applies!

To help out others, what do you mean by "popped the lock"? How did they do it? It seems like the locks on our rides are a weak spot. This story makes me want to take my saved mod money and just buy a good aftermarket alarm system.

I would and if I were you I'de look into the Viper alarm system. top notch:TU:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nothing is sacred anymore. Nobody wants to work for what they have, they just want to steal. If there is anything we can help you get back at a discounted price, let me know.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Sorry to hear this happened to you. I really do hate people that do this to others.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Damn that sucks.

I've had cars broken into a few times over the years, and the feeling of violation is terrible.

I'll cross my fingers that the guilty get justice, and that you and your girlfriend are made whole as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
When it happened to me, the thief twisted the lock with a screwdriver. our cars arent key-by-wire, they have a rod going from the key to the latch. So they can open the door just by twisting the lock. If the locks opened by wire, then they wouldnt be able to get in at all.

Im tempted to get the plastic plate that is on all the other doors that covers the hole and call it a day. Bottom line is, the thieves get into cars in places where they know they have time to work on it, alarm blaring or not, so alarms do nothing. I still have to see if my alarm goes off when the door is opened without the key.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Sorry to hear this man:( This is why I don't leave anything in my car like ever. I do keep fold out chairs in the trunk, but I don't keep anything of value in my car. The feeling of being victimized sucks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sorry to hear this man:( This is why I don't leave anything in my car like ever. I do keep fold out chairs in the trunk, but I don't keep anything of value in my car. The feeling of being victimized sucks.
I do the same. Nothing of value is in the car. If someone does break in all they are getting is my owners manual and an old ipod that's not worth much.

Steve

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
I do the same. Nothing of value is in the car. If someone does break in all they are getting is my owners manual and an old ipod that's not worth much.

Steve
I don't even keep old electronics in there. Not even change. I've learned that someone will smash your windows for a roll of quarters.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
That is enough to drive you crazy, you can not be SAFE any where. Hope everything turns out, catch those SOB's!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I don't even keep old electronics in there. Not even change. I've learned that someone will smash your windows for a roll of quarters.

I know. Back when I smoked, I made sure that even a pack of cigs weren't left in the open. Thieves will break a window for the cost of the bandage needed to fix their cut.

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
So sorry you have to go through all this crap.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Steve
..or they just take the whole car, got my Pontiac GP about 5 years ago. Meh. It was a Pontiac, lol, they are extinct now anyways :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts