Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm driving, and slow down and stop at a toll booth. I go to hit the gas after the gate goes up, and NOTHING. Engine's still idling, car acts like I'm just riding the brake. I pop it into neutral and rev the engine. Same as a normal neutral/park engine rev. A few seconds later, while back in drive, everything catches up, and I go roaring out of the tollbooth as if nothing had ever happened. This odd glitch has happened about 5 or 6 times total since I bought the car back in Oct 2006. It's something that is annoying, potentially dangerous, but could never be replicated for a dealer to fix. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Do you have a predator tune on it?

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Ok, so I'm driving, and slow down and stop at a toll booth. I go to hit the gas after the gate goes up, and NOTHING. Engine's still idling, car acts like I'm just riding the brake. I pop it into neutral and rev the engine. Same as a normal neutral/park engine rev. A few seconds later, while back in drive, everything catches up, and I go roaring out of the tollbooth as if nothing had ever happened. This odd glitch has happened about 5 or 6 times total since I bought the car back in Oct 2006. It's something that is annoying, potentially dangerous, but could never be replicated for a dealer to fix. Any thoughts?
Not a clue, something like that happened to me once before. if its any help, mine actually turned off and i turned it over as if nothing happened. never had that problem since. maybe a programmimng error? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had an issue were my car would not get out of first gear and all my dash lights would come on, pull over and car would not start, had to sit for like 10-15 min to restart, dealer could not fix it rest codes and it happened 3 more time, found a write up on another forum, the guy said his positive terminal was loose the one by the abs system passenger side of the car under the hood. Mine had some play in it tightened it down and no more issues thus far! That terminal feeds all the power for the ABS and wheel sensors so it is very sensitive. Maybe this will help!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do you have a predator tune on it?
Nope...don't have one yet...

I had an issue were my car would not get out of first gear and all my dash lights would come on, pull over and car would not start, had to sit for like 10-15 min to restart, dealer could not fix it rest codes and it happened 3 more time, found a write up on another forum, the guy said his positive terminal was loose the one by the abs system passenger side of the car under the hood. Mine had some play in it tightened it down and no more issues thus far! That terminal feeds all the power for the ABS and wheel sensors so it is very sensitive. Maybe this will help!
That's a possibility...I can definitely see how it could be because the car thinks tires are spinning. Would you be able to take a quick pic on the location of that for me?

·
Registered
549 Posts
At work, but it is the red positive terminal under your hood, if you need a jump has a red plastic cover small square. Just open the plastic cover and see if the terminal is loose, has on 12mm I think bolt, I just grabbed the wire and felt it was loose. I will post some pics tonight if you still need them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It is located right next to the black plastic fuse cover....

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I bought mine in Nov 06 but never had that issue. However, when I modified the engine there was an issue with the TB, I would give it gas and nothing would happen, turn it off and back on and it would run again. But the TB warning light would come on. Maybe a loose TB or gas pedal wire. Just something to check.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That would make scene plus that positive terminal is where the fuse box gets its power running all that...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here is a pic it is next to the fuse box....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Some times the bolt feels tight but it is not sitting flat.....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha...I'll check it out later today when I get back to my car. Hopefully it's something that simple.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2008 that does the smae thing ever couple months. I have a code reader and it never shows a code.
Seems to happen if on the gas , off the gas hard on the brakes, then back on the gas. All under 25mph.

Still have no idea what causes it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts