Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
previ owner said a new engine was out in, and the car now has 170k miles. Had it for a year and a half and everything was fine yet. Now, this is the 3rd year it’s been making a rolling grinding noise when accelerating and turning right only. Won’t make the noise any other way, coasting turning right, won’t do it. Only on the gas turning right. I’ve replaced so much of the front end with nothing changing. Any help is very appreciated!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I assume from your description the noise is coming from the front of the car. Have you checked the motor mounts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the process of changing the passenger side, being that’s where you can feel it most. If it’s not that I’m done trying lol.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Well that is tore, it could be the smoking gun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Might it "bee" a worn wheel bearing?
That growls and sounds like a sticky break pad.
Just a thought

I had a similar problem with my (I don't even dare to say it) old Beemer. It was a 2015 428 grand coupe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed the wheel bearings and still does it. Lower control arms, ball joints. Still trying to replace the motor mounts. Snapped a stud on each side weather isn’t being nice either for working outside on it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Isn't power and weight distributed to the rear when accelerating? Maybe the noise is coming from the left rear wheel well. Have someone sit in the back of the car with the window (half) open to hear if it's coming from there when it happens. Don't want anyone falling out the window trying to hear this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Isn't power and weight distributed to the rear when accelerating? Maybe the noise is coming from the left rear wheel well. Have someone sit in the back of the car with the window (half) open to hear if it's coming from there when it happens. Don't want anyone falling out the window trying to hear this.
The noise is definitely from the front. I’ve hung out the window trying to hear it lol, but it wasn’t the motor mounts either

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not the motor mounts, put in some ready struts and did the passenger side stabilizer link. Still does the same noise, but a lower pitch sound to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts