Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to this website, but I registered now that I have my 2012 Dodge Charger SE. I'm absolutely in love with my car, as it drives extremely smooth and comfortable. As of lately though, the car has started shifting itself to the left without me actually steering to the left. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm thinking I just need an alignment, but I haven't hit anything on either front tires, so it seems strange to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
4,941 Posts
If you just got her, I'd say give the dealership a call. If you explain what you have here, I am sure they'd be happy to look it over. hopefully even cover it under warranty if it's brand new!

Jeff

· Registered
506 Posts
Check your air pressure in the front left tire also.

· Registered
746 Posts
Roads are "crowned" and most cars naturally will "run" to the right and not the left. I believe you have an alignment issue that could have been caused when they were loading/unloading the car from the carrier or you hit a bump..... does not take much to knock these cars out of alignment. Get this checked out ASAP to avoid tire wear.
I had a '84 300zx that had a bent rear suspension from being tied down on the carrier, the dealer replaced the componets without any problem and said it was a common problem.

· Registered
711 Posts
Mine was off my .4 - camber on the left last week once they redid balancing, the alignment was warrantied up to 12,000 miles or 12 months, which ever came first. We couldn't explain it, but the service tech did have the toe-link torsion bars replaced and the ovaled out bushings, said it wasn't torqued from factory. Now it's straight, but I have thumping feel from the rear, could be tires again. But have them check the alignment. Top gear analysed the 300 and charger and had noticed that the electro-hydraulic steering had more play than the 300/trinated tuned European V6 3.0 diesel version hitting their shores soon. This is due to the erroneous terrain encountered there as well as slightly stockier shocks than the states. This physical disconnect gives the driver less tactile feel with keeping the car straight, and more than several times they had to react to straighten the car more by visual sight than by the feel of the car.

I guess it gets better with the tuned track pack or SRT8 version, I did see those added features. But get it checked, the car is 4,000+ lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.