Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being on this forum for months, I have not heard anyone talk about this feature, but I think it is the coolest.

A few weeks ago I had to park on the curb at my house. The neighbor across the street backed out and got close to my car and it honked. At least I thought it did.

I finally confirmed this the other day at the grocery store when I was walking away and one of those guys with the electric cart pusher got close to the car and it honked at him twice before he moved away.

I love this feature. I love this car!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought my car was stock, but I did buy it used. I can find no mention of this feature or what it would even be called. All I know is that it happened. The first time I heard it. My back was turned as I was going into the house. At first I thought someone else honked. But I started thinking, why would the guy that was about to hit my car, draw attention to himself by honking. It only did one honk at that time.

The second time was even stranger. My family got out of the car and I locked it and it honked like it should. Then it honked again. We looked around like "was that my car?". There was another woman that parked on the opposite side about the same time that looked confused too. I walked away toward the store and heard it honk twice. I looked back and the only thing close was the cart pusher with a gang of carts.

Now I did turn off the light flash when I lock the doors. Maybe if I turn this back on, I could get a visual cue that it did honk. I could try testing this out more.

I did not say anything here the first time it happened in-case I was wrong. But the second time there was no mistaking.

Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
76 Posts
VEHICLE SECURITY ALARM — IF EQUIPPED
The Vehicle Security Alarm monitors the vehicle doors for unauthorized entry and the Keyless Enter-N-Go Start/Stop button for unauthorized operation. While the Vehicle Security Alarm is armed, interior switches for door locks and decklid release are disabled. If something triggers the alarm, the Vehicle Security Alarm will provide the following audible and visible signals: the horn will pulse, the park lamps and/or turn signals will flash, and the Vehicle Security Light in the instrument cluster will flash.
No mention of proximity sensor...do you use a stock key FOB to unlock your car?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No mention of proximity sensor...do you use a stock key FOB to unlock your car?
Yes I have a stock key fob, but I almost never use it. I just open the door to get in and after I get out I press the lock button on the door handle to lock it.

But I swear that it happened. I was 1 foot from the car when it honked at the grocery store so I knew it came from my car. After about 30 feet it honked twice and that's when I noticed the cart pusher leaving the scene.

Man, now I got to know how this is happening.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I logged into the owner's site and searched the options installed. Below are the one's that might give us a clue:

Sound Group
Driver Confidence Group
Driver Convenience Group
Navigation/Rear Back-Up Camera Group
Super Track Pak
Road / Track Performance Group
Security Alarm
ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
ParkView(TM) Rear Back-up Camera
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
Customer Preferred Package 2DR
Customer Preferred Package 29R

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have all of those options (except Nav), I park my other car right behind the Charger (sometimes right after moving the Charger) and it doesn't honk at me...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I also have the park assist, back-up camera and blind spot/cross path features and have never had this happen either. I do not have the security alarm though.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I guess not.....mine doesn't have any.

·
Registered
776 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts