Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I’m not new to the charger thing. I’ve had a few come through before, but something strange happened a few weeks ago. I was out of the car and had it locked and no one was in the car, I guess while the keys where in my hand I hit a sequence of buttons or something of that matter that made it start?? *(I have the 2011 SE model that does NOT include remote start)* I was wonder if anyone could tell me which sequence it was or if it was a fluke one time thing.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I don't know how the car could have started without the remote start equipment in the car. Enter your car's VIN# at the following website and see what equipment was installed at the factory. Use all CAPS when entering the VIN# ... otherwise the website will not recognize the VIN.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Could just be an aftermarket remote start setup. Hit the lock button 3 times and see if it starts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey! That worked! I had just recently purchased this car and had no idea that it was installed. I had looked for weeks to figure out how that happened. Thank you so much

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Hey! That worked! I had just recently purchased this car and had no idea that it was installed. I had looked for weeks to figure out how that happened. Thank you so much
Only reason I know about it is because I had one installed in a 2016 Dodge Journey and thats how it worked with the OEM fob. My daughters cars remote start works the same way too. Its awesome when you find an easter egg like that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just installed one on my T&C van from 12 Volt Solutions, it works that way also. It also has a kill switch, you may want to look around for that, maybe it has one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts