• Car Wash

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so basically I usually wash my car myself! I go to the "self car wash" put in $2.25 and get about 10 minutes to wash and wax my baby:D Recently Iv just been tired and am to lazy to go do it myself. So now Iam thinking I might head out threw the car wash but you never know what might happen in that dark tunnel:shakehead:. You might come out with a scratch on your charger or you might not, but it does happen many times. So basically I was just wondering how many people wash the car them selfs or do you trust the car wash machines? :D

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
I washed mine the first time, but use a ride thru now. My water spots really bad. I even used a leaf blower to remove most of the water but stillgot spots.

·
Registered
14,778 Posts
I have only been through a car wash one time and I was as nerves as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. The only reason I want was because we were traveling.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
I only go to the carwash when it gets really muddy, but i don't use those automatic ones i get the custom hand wash a little bit more but you can realax while your baby gets a spa treatment or something like that :D

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Salt & crud in the winter - car wash

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Hand wash only. Even in the winter, I wash it. I don't like the car washes because the brushes, no matter how soft, will scratch the paint.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Car wash only in the winter after a lot of salt gets on the car. And then Only the Car Wash that doesn't touch the Car!! I've discovered that the Daytona stripes are kind of soft and scratch real easy. I'd be careful with that black car too. It shows swirls from brushes. Use only the no touch wash.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car wash only in the winter after a lot of salt gets on the car. And then Only the Car Wash that doesn't touch the Car!! I've discovered that the Daytona stripes are kind of soft and scratch real easy. I'd be careful with that black car too. It shows swirls from brushes. Use only the no touch wash.
No touch wash:4-dontknow: never heard of that iam not even sure if we have those:4-dontknow::4-dontknow::4-dontknow::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Have used car washes for the last 20 years. These are the ones that have the guys at the start that prep it and at the end dry it with towels. Great results.It costs some money but keeps all my cars looking great!:D

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
if i feel like it

I love spending the time washing my car. I really take my time on that one, but if in a rush. I take it to a excellent car wash place not to far away from home. I love the complements i receive about the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Me personally prefer Self-wash. Me as the owner can only determine how clean I like my car. Alot of carwash booths be slacking and even adding more blemishes to your car. Ain't nothing like Hands On! :hey:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hand wash myself either early in the morning or later in the evening when the sun isn't out to prevent as many water spots as possible from forming. Also take my time, wife complains that i take to long on my car but doesn't complain when i wash her's the same way.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
If I lived south of the border, I'd wash by hand. Gets a bit cold to wash by hand in the winter. I tried the other day and it was about 0 (32F) - my rinse froze.

Waterspots? Gotta use a wet "chamois" (chammy) to dry the car. Car will sparkle after that ...

·
Dodge Charger Forum Soul Collector
7,478 Posts
Hard to wash myself here in the winter, but there is an expensive car wash here that hand washes and drys as well. About $28 inside and out. Summer I pay my son to wash it. Even if you do hand wash, I have found over the years that it requires 2 mits and pails (1 for thr paing and the other for wheels and the like) Otherwise, you may as well go to the car wash things.

·
Premium Member
7,551 Posts
I often use the No-touch Car washes that we have in the area, but I'm not happy with the results - water spots.
I resently saw a commercial for Canadian Tire that has a contraption for your hose that has suds and then a special rinse formula that leaves no water spots - you know what? - it works! I've used it twice now, and I'm sold on it. It does a great job - no more hand drying the car, which saves moves of the work.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I normally Wash mine myself a bout every other day or so. Once in a while i do take it to a car place that does the full service wash, people ran wash and dry pluss they do the inside windows, the dash and vaccum teh carpet. Worst part about washing myself is doing the wheels, I hate getting my hand in the back to wash the back side of the wheel. it normally takes me longer to do 2 wheels then to do the entire car wash and dry. I never lest the car air dry. always use a towel.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I often use the No-touch Car washes that we have in the area, but I'm not happy with the results - water spots.
I resently saw a commercial for Canadian Tire that has a contraption for your hose that has suds and then a special rinse formula that leaves no water spots - you know what? - it works! I've used it twice now, and I'm sold on it. It does a great job - no more hand drying the car, which saves moves of the work.
I was wondering if that stuff worked. I think I'll try it too ...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts