• Car Wash

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So I was driving pass woodward yesterday (a main street in my town) and I saw a No-touch car wash:D This is the first one I've seen so now I know where to go:D lol dont know why I said it I guess iam just happy =P

·
Registered
321 Posts
The car is really the wife, she just let's me drive it once in awhile.... That being said she hand washes it every weekend, wheather it needs it or not using the Mr Clean Magic Car Wash gismo. Being as we're in Louisiana, the winters are not an issue (I'm a transplanted yankee, so I can understand the woes some of you are going through with road salt and grime----- lived in VT for a couple of years, couple of years in NH, and a few more in CT).

We've got one of those DIY type places around the corner, she'll sometimes take the car there, as it allows her to "escape" (not sure if it's from me, the kid, the dogs, or all of the above).

Exco

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes Dear

I don't do it to escape... need to use the "spot free" rinse when I can't get a refill cartridge... although... hmmm.. a drive to nowhere sounds rather inviting!
Terrie

·
Registered
606 Posts
Car wash

Vehicle preservation is something I can share with everyone. Touchless car washers are you best choice. Just remember that the wax at the car wash is very concentrated; so blow drying will cause wax build up over a period of time. Towel drying is the way to go with a duster to top it off.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Here where I live its about $6 for a No Touch Car Wash what are some other prices out there in your towns and citys?

·
Registered
54 Posts
In the summer I hand wash the car once a week,
In the winter I take it through the touch-less car was about every 2 weeks

·
Registered
19 Posts
In CT its very rare to see the brush car washes, We have the touchless ones! I remember the brush car washes from when I was a kid but haven't seen any lately.

·
Dodge Charger Forum Soul Collector
7,478 Posts
My local Sunoco station has a 'touch-less' wash, has always been fine for me, no problems. Mind you, thats with my ... ahem... Impala. I may change my attitude when the Charger arrives...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Touchless car wash

I haven't washed it yet...but will use the car wash. We only have touchless washes here. A local chain charges $6.99 for the type where the car goes through a tunnel and a group of people dry it at the end (and wash the windows and vacuum the front).

We have water restrictions during the summer...although it is not forbidden, it is discouraged to wash by hand; apparently it uses less water to go through the car wash than do it by hand.

·
Dodge Charger Forum Soul Collector
7,478 Posts
We have water restrictions during the summer...although it is not forbidden, it is discouraged to wash by hand; apparently it uses less water to go through the car wash than do it by hand.
I think that is because most car washes filter and re-use the water... just thinking of that makes you want to wash it yourself...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Water is thought of differently here...

This is stretching this thread a bit, but just in case anyone wants to know a little about how we think about water in the southwestern US...

The good news; Starting with monsoon rains in August 2006, our drought is now officially over. This past year we had record rain and snow...in one snowstorm we had 13" in Albuquerque.

Before August: in the 6 months from Nov. 05 to May 2006 we had 1/3rd of inch of rain total. It was so bad that Las Vegas NM (a small city north of Santa Fe...if you like architecture it has a beautiful mix of stereotypical old West and Victorian buildings) had less than a 30 day supply of water.

So if you asked this question last Summer, you would have to ask...hand wash, machine wash, or not enough water to wash at all.

Still, a dirty Charger would have been better than no Charger at all.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i voted i do it, and mostly i do, but actually, depending on the time i have, i'll use all three options available here in brooklyn, ny.

60 % of the time-i wash and wax it myself (weather does'nt matter i do it in my shop, it's 12,500 sq ft., so i have plenty of room:D)

30% of the time-i take it to the auto spa-they hand wash and wax it:D

10% of the time-straight car wash:4-dontknow: hey sometimes if ya gotta ya gotta...
ken

·
Registered
19 Posts
sexing the ride

If I absolutly have to I go to shells touchless car wash and get the ultimate plus with wax and rainx. But Ilove to take my sunday afternoon (wheather permitting) and spend a couple of hours detailing. Its theraputic. Oh ya and no wife around:D

41 - 60 of 68 Posts