Car Won't Start -FOB or FOB Sensor?

Discussion in '6th Gen Dodge Charger' started by UAHCharger, Oct 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. UAHCharger

UAHCharger New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2009
    Trim?:
    SE
    Mine is a 2009 Charger, for which I only have 1 working FOB. Now, my car doesn't start .... when I insert my FOB and turn the ignition, I hear a ding but nothing else happens ... Nothing on the dash lights up & Definitely no engine activity. I just bought a new car battery last year & My headlights are working strong, so The car battery is not the culprit. The battery in the FOB is also new. The lack of LED activity on my control panel leads me to believe it is not a problem with my starter. I'm trying to figure out whether my FOB has gone bad or if there is some other issue ... There must be an electronic FOB sensor on the car, right? Has anyone else experienced something similar? Any suggestions on how to best troubleshoot the issue? Thanks!!

2. chmath159

chmath159 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Trim?:
    SXT
    Mine sounds like it is doing the same thing... Did you find out what the problem was and how did you fix it?

3. 2008 Super Bee #175

2008 Super Bee #175 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2008
    Trim?:
    SuperBee
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    I struggled with my car not starting for about 2 years. Behaved similarly to your issue. Turned out it was a 15 dollar starter relay that I bought at O'Reilly auto parts. Changed it and now it starts like the first day I brought it home. I hope this helps!