Dodge Charger Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
There was insurance on the decals so well get that taken care of vin,
ill have another plate made and sent.
On the squirters .... id say i know a little more about building custom cars and modifications than to do somthing sub par or cheap ,research those worthless euro 6 shooter squirters.

·
Stirring the Pot!
4,706 Posts
Already called today to set up pick up for 2 hoods tomorrow. ill be in touch with each of you remaining within days with pick up scheduled or tracking numbers.
I havent taken any new orders in over a month and ive been taking care of all my previous orders with the hopes of being on track by the 1st . unforutunatly i wasnt able to get everyone taken care of , i still have just under a dozen open orders.

So Tommy I took the above info off another forum. If this is the case who got the two hoods? By my calculations at least one of them should have been recieved by a member of this forum.

Bill

·
Registered
369 Posts
bill , Members of this forum did receive their hoods last week , as i will be sending out hopefully 2 or more this week.
This thread is for just orders received or not received ,please pm me or make another new thread if you wish.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hopefully one of those will be mine, since he has told myself and Mike from FocuzTech. That it was being shipped last "monday/tuesday/wednesday"...

·
Stirring the Pot!
4,706 Posts
bill , Members of this forum did receive their hoods last week , as i will be sending out hopefully 2 or more this week.
This thread is for just orders received or not received ,please pm me or make another new thread if you wish.

Tommy, If someone on this forum recieved a hood don't you think we would have heard about here? This forum is a family. That is something that I don't think you gotten yet. No one hides behind a computer here almost all of us have our pictures plastered all over this site. This forum will be hosting two large meet and greets that Kim and my car will be attending. At least one of these meets will have media coverage. So were are the orders received?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hood

Good morning all, sorry it took so long for me to respond. I left Friday to go to watch my Eagles bet the Giants and what a great defeat that was.

Anyway, I received my hood Friday and went to look at it yesterday. I paid for my hood in mid October with a credit card and I think I finally got mine because I told Tommy I was going to dispute the charge. My body man did a fitment test and that was fine and it was good quality. Since the inserts didnt come with the hood I had bought the closed ones from Dodge. There was the issue, the holes in the hood are just alittle to big and the inserts kept falling out, so my body man is going to fine something to go in there. Mine also has the duct work for the cold air, yea right. All that was done was the underside of the hood is closed and a 5 inch square was cut out above the air filter. But since the hood isnt raised enough I really dont see how any air is going to get through the scoops anyway. So I will just have solid inserts that hopefully we can get to fit. I didnt get the squirters so I have asked my body guy to try and find something. Dont know what to do about this one.

Hope this helps, GO EAGLES,

Howard

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
Thanks for posting up! Glad to see you got your hood. Hope you get all the details worked out and get it installed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hood

Once the hood is painted and installed I will post a pix. Thanks Peno for the info for the squirters. I just ordered them from an online company. They are .64cents a piece that and the assorted vacuum elbows and having them overnighted is costing me $38, oh well what can I do, need them. I hope my body man can come up with an idea for the insert issue.

Howard

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for the update..
I had a similar problem with one of my scoop openings..
Trying to get it resolved...

I'd also like to hear Tommy's response to the duct work.
I saw pictures of it and it seemed like it would help a bit, but I don't have it yet so I'm not one to judge.

Good morning all, sorry it took so long for me to respond. I left Friday to go to watch my Eagles bet the Giants and what a great defeat that was.

Anyway, I received my hood Friday and went to look at it yesterday. I paid for my hood in mid October with a credit card and I think I finally got mine because I told Tommy I was going to dispute the charge. My body man did a fitment test and that was fine and it was good quality. Since the inserts didnt come with the hood I had bought the closed ones from Dodge. There was the issue, the holes in the hood are just alittle to big and the inserts kept falling out, so my body man is going to fine something to go in there. Mine also has the duct work for the cold air, yea right. All that was done was the underside of the hood is closed and a 5 inch square was cut out above the air filter. But since the hood isnt raised enough I really dont see how any air is going to get through the scoops anyway. So I will just have solid inserts that hopefully we can get to fit. I didnt get the squirters so I have asked my body guy to try and find something. Dont know what to do about this one.

Hope this helps, GO EAGLES,

Howard

·
Registered
40 Posts
hood

BigVin, to me it looks as if Tommy put a back on the back side of the hood and there really doesnt look like there is any room for air, its really tight to the underside of the hood. I dont know if I am making any sense in the description.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I believe its very functional , once shes bolted on howard i think youll see . It should redirect all the air coming into the 2 top intakes right to the air intake , whether its a airhammer or afi or stock intake can be trimmed to make work better. im planning to work with a air intake company to make a actual perfect sealed duct system to our hoods as soon as i get back on my feet.

im not sure how much air the 2 top intakes will take in because of the whole air barrier thing , but im sure its taking in more than a stock flat hood.

·
Meet in the Mountains June 8-11, 2018
19,017 Posts
Anyone have the ram-air ductwork installed?
I know it's premature but I'd like to know if it actually has any performance benefits...documented....
Guess that's for down the road...

As for hoods...
Who has yet to receive their hood?
To my knowledge, there haven't been any more hoods received lately by people that have posted here.

·
Registered
369 Posts
vin , ill be sending out your ductwork before i leave for the weekend. i got it in my trunk already. oh and people HAVE received their hoods .throwing stones till the very end..

z

·
Meet in the Mountains June 8-11, 2018
19,017 Posts
vin , ill be sending out your ductwork before i leave for the weekend. i got it in my trunk already. oh and people HAVE received their hoods .throwing stones till the very end..

z
Nobody was throwing stones. I meant that other than the people that have posted and said they received their hoods, there weren't any other updates. Vinnie asked the question and he knew about the hoods that had already been recieved.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts