Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had the Charger for just over two months now and find myself having a little bit of want for a Challenger. Now don't get me wrong, I love the Charger and do not regret purchasing it at all but from time to time I see a Challenger and start to wonder. When I looked at the Charger I was considering the Challenger as well but with 2 little kids the Charger was a better fit at the time.

Obviously I would lose out if I traded in now so if I do go down the road of trading in for a Challenger it would have to be in a year or two. In a perfect world I would have both but that is not possible unless I win the lotto or something.

Has anyone else felt the same way? Just wondering.

Denis

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If you have family, you made the right choice! I came from a 2 door car, not a Chally, but it was a pain for my kids getting in and out of the back, the Charger is dream now, great looks, good V6 HP and lots of room inside! I mean, it does meet police car standards! for roominess! lol

I looked at some Chally's when I was looking at the Chargers, but my wife set me straight in saying, "wont it just be the same thing? Trying to get people in and out of the back will be a pita!"

·
12,919 Posts
I originally started out wanting a Challenger, but the more I looked it became clear that the Charger was a better choice for me. I like Challengers, but I'm happy with my car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I went and test drove a new srt8 challenger a couple days ago and it REALLY had me wondering if I could make it work, but with a child that is still really young and the possibility of more it just wouldn't make sense. I do love those challengers though.....!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
This happens to me all the time. It would be nice to have them both! The interior is what reassures me I made the right decision on the charger. & I also have a child like previously stated but most definitely envy challengers when I see them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Being in a relationship with no kids makes me wonder why I got the Charger. I love the Challenger but me and the gf decided if we get married have kids we're going to need a 4 door car.

The only thing I don't like about my Charger is that its automatic, and I miss stick. I drove stick for about 11 years before I went auto with this car.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Oh yeah, I'd love to roll around in a Chally but those dreams are only a reality during holiday rentals :) In daily life the Charger is more practical but one day, when Copilot is eying the Daytona, Momma is getting herself an "adults only" car lol.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Oh yeah, I'd love to roll around in a Chally but those dreams are only a reality during holiday rentals :) In daily life the Charger is more practical but one day, when Copilot is eying the Daytona, Momma is getting herself an "adults only" car lol.

whoa...I am saving that picture, that is hot!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Having had both the Challenger and Charger. It seemed whenever we went somewhere we always took the Charger being it was easier for the kids to get in and out of. The Challenger was good when I was the only person or just with the wife with me but that didn't happen very often. Both cars sucked in the winter so we always had 4x4s for that. After awhile it was a pita keeping 4 vehicles around. To fix that I traded the Challenger in for a Jeep SRT8 in which I have the best of both worlds now. The Jeep might not look as nice as the Challenger but it has four doors and it kicks butt. Also the Challenger was a cop magnet (due to the color was B5 Blue) and the Jeep is Black which blends in.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I like Challengers, but I got the Charger because it had 4-doors. If a 2-door would work for me, I would definitely have kept my GT500. The interior on the Chargers is 10 times nicer, and they're just as quick. One thing I am jealous of is that 6 speed manual transmission. I do wish that was a Charger option.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
I've never been a fan of the "lifting" the seat to allow someone in the backseat. Although, Challys do have the retro look of a muscle more so. But, the Charger is more of a complete package deal. And yes LBUG that picture is pretty nice...LOL

·
Registered
872 Posts
Next time you have Challenger envy just go to the dealer and get in and out of the backseat 10 times.

That oughta cure you. ;)

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
I looked at a SRT Chally but the stealership wouldnt come off the price but offered me a great deal on the M11 so I jumped on it & never looked back. I'm still in search of a GWE SRT Chally, & when I find it it will be mine!!!

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
I went to buy a Challenger and came home with a Charger. They look great on the outside, but the inside just wasn't my cup of tea. Then my daughter that still lived at home bought a Challenger, and I hated even having to move her car around in the driveway. Its just not for me. I think 25 years of driving a full sized pickup truck just spoiled me for room'eness. Whats funny is I almost always had two seater sports cars in my youth in the 70's.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I wouldn't call it challenger envy, more Chally fever. I want one. I love my charger, the exterior is awesome and the interior is great! But as a 23 y/o single man with no kids, no idea why I didn't go with the 2 door. Might make the trade in around income tax season on a used chally RT

·
Registered
835 Posts
I prefer the more rounded look of the Charger. The Challenger looks too boxy for me. Also those 4 doors also come in handy when you have German shepherds that you need to cart around.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts