Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im not sure if this is a sensor problem or something else. But.. Without pressing the Ac button whenever i press the button to open the vents so i get some fresh air from outside. Ac will turn on by him self..but.. Without the light on the Ac button(if i press it the light will come on) . So no matter what i do i cant get fresh air without Ac. I tried to switch on/off the Ac but Nothing. Few months ago when i tried to switch on /off the Ac 5 times i had luck to switch it Off and get air without Ac. But now no more.. Before i go to check with my mechanic just what to know if somebody had this issue before. Or what it can be. Thx

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Try setting the driver/passenger temps to a temperature that is higher than the ambient outside temp. The HVAC system will draw outside air without any A/C if the outside air is cooler than the HVAC temp settings. Set it too high and you will get heat added to the outside air ... so you need to play with it a little to find the setting where no heat or A/C is mixed with the outside air.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try setting the driver/passenger temps to a temperature that is higher than the ambient outside temp. The HVAC system will draw outside air without any A/C if the outside air is cooler than the HVAC temp settings. Set it too high and you will get heat added to the outside air ... so you need to play with it a little to find the setting where no heat or A/C is mixed with the outside air.
Here in UAE the temp are every day higher than 30degree.setting up the temp more than the outside temp..i will get baked.but..im just wondering what sensor could be damaged. On my other challanger there are no issues like this. I tought that maybe its something Auto but no. Every car that i checked. We had days here in Jan when morning time were 13degree outside and just watend to gey some frrsh air...but.. Ac still will kicks on.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
In Auto mode there are several sensors the HVAC system uses to control heat and A/C. There's also a Blend-Air door and actuator that mixes the hot/cold to match the temp setting you have selected. You can try setting the A/C in manual mode to see if that makes any difference. To see if any sensors are not working correctly you can plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port (located under the dash next to the parking brake pedal) and see if any diagnostic codes are logged. You will need a scanner that can read all codes because the HVAC codes are Bxxxx body codes and most cheaper scanners only read Pxxxx powertrain codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts